The Insider’s Guide to Cyber Monday Deals
Last Update: 10/1/2022
The best time of the year to purchase many items is approaching rapidly. The holiday shopping season starts off at Thanksgiving and continues to Christmas. Between those two holidays, you will find two major shopping days, Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Be sure to look at our CyberMonday Deals Page and Black Friday Ad Scans and Deals Page
We have compiled a bunch of tips to help you maximize your shopping enjoyment on Cyber Monday. Shoppers need to prepare ahead of time to ensure that they plan their shopping list and strategy for shopping.
What is Cyber Monday?
Cyber Monday was invented a couple of years ago by the online shopping industry to mirror the success of Black Friday, but focused online when everyone is back to “work.”
- Monday after Black Friday - Sales really start on Sunday!
- Online Sales
- Retail stores like Walmart, Target do participating too
- Benefit - No lines - Shop even at work or home
Major Sales Days
- November 25, 2022 - Black Friday
- November 26, 2022 - Small Business Saturday
- November 28, 2022 - Cyber Monday
- November 29, 2022 - Giving Tuesday
- December 5, 2022 - Green Monday - Biggest Online Sales Day in December
- December 17, 2022 - Super Saturday (Panic Saturday) - Saturday before Christmas. Higher Sales than Black Friday
- December 26, 2022 - Day after Christmas, Boxing Day in some countries
The Monday after Thanksgiving is Cyber Monday. It usually starts at midnight Eastern time but has crept up and started during the weekend after Black Friday. All major online stores use this day as an excuse to have sales and other promotions like free shipping. Get your shopping done without venturing out and fighting for parking.
Early Access to Deals
Unlike Black Friday, there are few if any ad scans or deals leaked out ahead of time. Only a couple stores like Dell and eBay have teased beforehand. Many theorize that what goes on sale during Cyber Monday is what is left over from Black Friday, (Yes you will see unsold items from Black Friday) yet most majors stores reserve inventory only for Cyber Monday. Smart shoppers need to plan ahead to reap the benefits of this one day sale.
You will see continuation of deals from Black Friday
- Amazon Echo smart speakers, Fire tablets - Special bundles
- Sony and Xbox Game consoles - Sony consoles usually are sold out by now
- Bose and Sony headphones
- Smart Home Cameras and Monitors
- 4K Ultra Smart TVs
- Laptop Sales
- Smartphone deals
Examples of Cyber Monday Deals
Looking at the past, serves as a preview of what many be available this year. There are highlights from last year:
- Bloomingdale's Extra 25% off
- Amazon.com lightning deals every 15 minutes
- Levi's 40% off
- Target 15% off sitewide
- Puma Extra 30% off
- Nordstrom Sale
- Newegg electronics Sale
How to Prepare for Cyber Monday
Cyber Monday is one of the best days to shop online. Most stores will have great deals and free shipping, and you can do all your holiday shopping in one sitting. If you did not purchase everything on your Black Friday shopping list, you can probably find the same items on sale this day. Here are some ways to get prepared:
- Update your Computer and Phones's software
- Update your Wireless routers software
- Have accounts set up at stores you shop at
- Have a Paypal account - many online stores use it
- Have multiple computers ready
- Upgrade to a Fast Internet Connection
- Check BuyVia.com regularly
- Install the BuyVia app for iOS and Android
- Refresh your Browser often
- Use a password manager/form filler to logon faster
Make a list of all the stores that may sell items you are interested in purchasing. Create accounts at all stores, so you can check out faster. You should also have Paypal, MasterPass, and Visa Checkout accounts set up, as some discounts require payment using these systems.
Visit deal sites such as BuyVia which will list Cyber Monday sales at most major stores. There is no central repository of Cyber Monday sales, unlike Black Friday in their newspaper ads.
As with Black Friday, enlist a friend or family member to shop at the same time. Stay in touch by instant messaging. Have all your laptops, Tablets and Smartphones fully charged and ready to shop.
Use a password manager to store all your logins, so that you can login into any store with one click. Also so you can checkout with ease.
Most stores start their sales at midnight Eastern time on Sunday night, so we recommend people stay up late Sunday night to get a jump on their Cyber Monday shopping.
Black Friday and Cyber Monday are the biggest shopping days of the year. Your entire holiday shopping list and personal wish list can be fulfilled at a fraction of regular price. It is important that shoppers plan ahead to reap the rewards available on these two days.
Do you have a favorite Cyber Monday story to share with us? Please comment below.
Tags: black friday, cyber monday, holiday shopping
any other tips for cyber Monday would be much appreciated. This will be my first cyber Monday attempt
remember to have a list of exactly what you want and a second choice if it’s not available and DO NOT get side tracked looking at new gadgets that you’re not there to buy, newer gadgets that catch your eye is what the retailers hope you’ll “urge splurge” on, be disciplined and get that gift list filled, you can do it!
What’s up, everything is going nicely here and ofcourse every one is sharing information, that’s in fact fine, keep up writing.