50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Time to switch to a better carrier with Unlimited.. Up to $700 off iPhone XS, XS Max, XR - AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon when you activate service and trade in select phones.
- iPhone XS, XS Max Preorders NOW - It ships 9/21/2018.
- iPhone XR Pre-orders on 10/19/2018
- iPhone XS: $999 (64GB), $1,149 (256GB), $1,349 (512GB)
- iPhone XS Max: $1,099 (64GB), $1,249 (256GB), $1,449 (512GB)
Unlock your credit report if you locked it.
Special iPhone XS Promotions
- Verizon: Buy latest iPhone, Save $700 on another. (Via 24 monthly bill credits) Or Get Extra $100 w/select trade in. Requires adding one new line of service. $100 off an iPad with payment plan.
- T-Mobile: Up to $300 credit with eligible phone trade-in. (Via 24 monthly bill credits) - Buy 2 iPhone XS and add a new line to save $700 via bill credits over 24 months.
- AT&T: Buy latest iPhone and add a line of service, Save $700 on another or Get 64GB iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus at no extra cost. (Via 24 monthly bill credits)
- Sprint: iPhone XS for $0/mo or XS Max $4.17/mo with eligible trade-in and 18 month Sprint Flex Lease. New Plans from $40/mon Exp 9/27/2018
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
AT&T Unlimited & More Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- Unlimited Texts to 120 countries
- 30+ channels of Live TV
- 4 lines for $160
- Plus tax & fees
T-Mobile Unlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (3G) - Free Netflix
- 4 lines for $160
- tax & fees Included
Get the Apple Watch and get 3 months Free of line access fees. Must have iPhone 6 or newer.
Verizon go Unlimited Plan
- 1 Line $80 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Mexico & Canada Talk, Text & Data
- 4 lines for $160
- Annual Upgrade plan available
- Plus tax & fees
Eligible Devices to trade in are iPhone X, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Samsung Galaxy S9, Samsung Galaxy S9+, LG G7 ThinQ, Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, Samsung Galaxy Note8, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 2XL.
iPhone XS Specifications
- All Glass surface on front and back
- 5.8" or 6.1" Super Retina Edge-to-Edge 2436x1125 (458ppi) Screen
- Super fast A11 Bionic Chip CPU
- 12MPixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- 7MPixel front camera with Retina Flash
- Wireless charging using Qi industry standard
- FaceID to unlock phone
- iOS 12
Posted: September 21, 2018 8:01 PM PDT
Amazon has an Anker 5 Watt Qi Certified Wireless Charger Charging Pad Sale - Samsung, iPhone 8, 8+, X, $14.39 after Instant Coupon - Free Shipping $25 or with Prime. Expires Soon - Highly Rated at 4.1 out of 5 stars.
We have one and find it works fine with the new iPhone 8, X and a Samsung Galaxy Smartphone
- Starts the moment you place down Qi-enabled device or device equipped with a Qi-compatible cover. No cables or USB interface required.
- Works with fully Qi-Enabled devices like iPhone 8, 8 Plus, iPhone X, Samsung Galaxy Note 8, S9, S9+, S8, S8 Plus, S7, S7 Edge, S6, S6 Edge, Nokia 9, Huawei Mate 10, Nexus 4, 5, Lumia 920 and other Qi-Enabled devices. (NOT for Apple Watch and Incompatible with mophie battery case)
Posted: September 21, 2018 6:35 AM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.