50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Apple Watch 3 is out of stock again. Only Apple Watch 1 remains.
- No coupons apply but get $90 in Kohl’s Cash for a future purchase
Apple Watch Series 3 (GPS) 38mm Gold Aluminum Case with Pink Sand Sport Band $329 with $90 in Kohl's Cash.
Apple Watch Series 1 (38mm Space Gray Aluminum with Black Sport Band) $249 with $60 Kohl's Cash.
The new Apple Watch has been announced, so it is time to buy.
This model will work with the new upgraded operating system.
Apple Sports Watch 3 Includes:
- Brand New Apple Watch (Please Choose Color Desired When Making Purchase)
- Many different colors
- Magnetic Charging Cable
- Sport Band
Posted: November 21, 2017 6:00 PM PST
Lowest price ever. Freedom Pop 100% Free Mobile Phone Service with 3-in-1 SIM Kit, $0.01, Free Shipping. 100% FREE Talk, Text, Data/month with the 3-in-1 4G LTE SIM Kit plus 1GB Bonus Data and 1-Month Unlimited Talk, Text, 2GB Data Trial Premium Service Trial for the first month for only $0.99 with Free Shipping.
No annual contract. Just plug into your unlocked GSM smartphone. A great deal for those with lesser use requirements or when travelling Internationally.
- 3-In-1 Domestic 4G LTE SIM Kit
- FreedomPop Premium Plus Trial - Free 2GB
Their Premium service plan is Free first month, $27.99/month thereafter if you do not call to cancel or downgrade. Unlimited talk, text, 1GB 4G LTE High speed data on Sprint's network.
- Cancel the BEFORE the Premium trial is over to avoid charges
We suggest you downgrade from Premium to FreedomPop's 100% Free Plan with:
- 200 Voice Minutes
- 500 Texts
- 200MB free per month
Learn: No-Contract Plans
Choosing the right plan for you is time consuming and can also be a hassle. We've done the research and you may save over $1,000 each year! Be sure to check out our no-contract Smartphone plan article: How to Find the Best No Contract Smartphone Plans where we compare all of the major network carriers.
Posted: November 21, 2017 12:00 AM PST
Time to switch to a better carrier with Unlimited.. Up to $350 off iPhone X - AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, Verizon when you activate service and trade in select phones.
- iPhone X comes in Silver and Space Gray, 64GB or 256GB
iPhone X shipped 11/3/2017. Demand was heavy and supply is VERY low. The phone is backordered 6 weeks.
Unlock your credit if you locked it.
- Verizon: Up to $300 Trade-in and Unlimited Plan with Sign-up
- T-Mobile: Up to $300 credit with eligible phone trade-in
- AT&T: Up to $300 in credits with select phone trade-in
- Sprint: Up to $350 with eligible Trade-in and Flex Plan
Trade in any of these to get $300 at AT&T, T-Mobile,
- iPhone 7, 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, 6s Plus
- Samsung Galaxy S7, S8, S8+
- Motorola Z2 Force
- Pixel XL
- LG G6
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
AT&T Unlimited Choice Plan
- 1 Line $60 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, HBO, No Hotspot
- 4 lines for $155
- Plus tax & fees
T-Mobile Unlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps) - Free Netflix
- 4 lines for $160
- Plus tax & fees
Get the Apple Watch and get 3 months Free of line access fees. Must have iPhone 6 or newer.
Verizon Unlimited Plan
- 1 Line $75 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 4 lines for $160
- Annual Upgrade plan available
- Plus tax & fees
iPhone X Specifications
- All Glass surface on front and back
- 5.8" Super Retina Edge-to-Edge 2436x1125 (458ppi) Screen
- Super fast A11 Bionic Chip CPU
- 12MPixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- 7MPixel front camera with Retina Flash
- Wireless charging using Qi industry standard
- FaceID to unlock phone
- iOS 11
Save $60 on Apple Watch 3
Get the Apple Watch and Verizon will waive the activation fee & 3 months of line access fees. Must have iPhone 6 or newer. Expires 10/31/2017
Posted: November 20, 2017 12:00 AM PST
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.