50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Amazon has a Anker Soundcore Motion B, Portable Bluetooth Speaker Sale, $17.99 after checking instant coupon, Free Shipping $25 or with Prime. Expires: 9/16/2019 - Highly Rated at 4.6 out of 5 stars. Next lowest price $42.
- Dual full-range drivers and an oversized bass radiator drop a huge 12W of stereo sound.
- Pool party proof: ipx7-rated casing offers impermeable protection, even during complete submersion.
- 12+ hour playtime: listen more and charge less thanks to a high-performance li-ion battery.
Posted: September 14, 2019 1:59 PM PDT
Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 11 with Unlimited.. Up to $700 off iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max - AT&T, Sprint, Verizon when you activate service and trade in select phones.
- iPhone 11 will ship on September 20, 2019
- iPhone 11: Stars at $699 (64GB), $749 (128GB), $849 (256GB)
- iPhone 11 Pro: Starts at $999 (64GB), $1,149 (256GB), $1,349 (512GB)
- iPhone 11 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099 (64GB), $1,249 (256GB), $1,449 (512GB)
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 11 Promotions
- AT&T: Buy latest iPhone and add a line of service, Save $700 on another. (AT&T Unlimited plan, 24 monthly bill credits) Expires Soon
- Sprint: iPhone 11 64GB for $0/mo or 11 Pro 64GB $12.50/mo or 11 Pro Max 64GB $16.67/month with eligible trade-in and 18 month lease, new line or eligible upgrade and approved credit. Excludes tax. Expires Soon
- Verizon: Get up to $500 toward the latest iPhone. Plus switch w/unlimited & get $200 more. Buy 1 get 1 Free iPhone XR. Expires 9/19/2019
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
AT&T Unlimited & More Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- Unlimited Texts to 120 countries
- 35+ channels of Live TV
- 4 lines for $160
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon StartUnlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Plus tax & fees
Sprint Unlimited Basic Plan
- 1 line $60/month, 4 lines $100/month
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 500MB LTE Mobile hotspot
eBay Sell Your Phone Promotion - Highest Resale Value where Get more value for your used phones – You can get up to $400 selling your iPhone or Android Smartphone on eBay - that’s up to $200 more than AT&T, Apple, Verizon or Gazelle.
- You're guaranteed the trending price when you sell using eBay's recommendation. If it sells for less, they'll cover the rest with an eBay coupon.
Also includes selling most Samsung Galaxy smartphones as well as HTC and LGSales tax in: Depends on seller
Posted: September 12, 2019 12:01 PM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.