50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Now available. Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 14 with Unlimited.. Up to $1000 off iPhone 14, 14 plus, 14 Pro, 14Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile when you activate service and trade in select phones. Deals are way better than expected, time to upgrade and switch carriers. If you have anything older than an iPhone X, to time to upgrade. Now shipping.
- iPhone 14 has 5G, better battery, better camera, crash detection and more!
The best deals are when trading in an old phone. If you do not have one, you can buy one on eBay and save a ton. Buy an Samsung S20+5G for $275 and get $1000 trade in value on AT&T!
Wireless companies are giving phones away in exchange for locking you in for bill credits each month.
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 14 Promotions when you Switch
- AT&T - Get up to $800 off iPhone 14 Series with eligible trade-in when you purchase on an installment plan, with an eligible AT&T unlimited plan (speed restrictions apply)
- Verizon: Get up to $1000 off this device when you trade in. New line required. Plus $200 when you switch.
- Xfinity: Save $400 off iPhone 14 when you switch to Xfinity. Expires 10/6/22
- T-Mobile: Get an iPhone 14 Pro ON US via 24 mo. bill credits when you trade in an eligible device on Magenta® MAX. Plus, Apple TV+ is included with Magenta MAX.
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
New iPhones 14:
- iPhone 14: Starts at $799 (128GB), $899 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 14 Plus: Starts at $899 (128GB), $999 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 14 Pro: Starts at $999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB), $1499 (1TB)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB), $1599 (1TB)
AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan
- 1 Line $65/mon for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- 5G Access
- Standard Mobile Security
- 5 lines for $150
- Plus tax & fees
AT&T Special Trade-In Offer: Monthly Price reflects net monthly payment, after application of AT&T trade-in credit up to $800 applied over 30 months after trade-in of eligible smartphone with min. $95 trade-in value. Requires upgrade of an existing line (or activation of a new line in stores) and purchase of a new iPhone 14 mini, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max on qualifying 30 month 0% APR installment plan, subject to carrier credit qualification.
Verizon StartUnlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 5G Nationwide
- Disney+ 6 month on Verizon
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon Special Trade-in Offer: Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after Apple instant trade-in credit at checkout, and Verizon monthly bill credits applied over 24 months. Customer must remain in the Verizon Device Payment Program for 24 months to receive the full benefit of the Verizon bill credits. Bill credits may take 1-2 bill cycles to appear. If it takes two cycles for bill credits to appear, you’ll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month’s credit. Requires purchase and activation of a new iPhone 14 mini, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max with the Verizon Device Payment Program at 0% APR for 24 months, subject to carrier credit qualification, and iPhone availability and limits.
T-Mobile Essentials Plan
- 1 line $65/month, 4 lines $105/month
- Unlimited Talk Text and Web
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 3G Mobile hotspot
- T-Mobile Tuesdays
Posted: November 25, 2022 12:01 AM PST
Save $150 on a Pixel 7 Pro -- $749
Save $100 on a Pixel 7 -- $499
Save $150 on a Pixel 6a -- $299
Save $35 on Pixel Buds A-Series -- $64
Best deals are using trade-in for a Pixel Phone. Trade in values for phones in good condition. Value with vary when phone is inspected.
- Pixel 4a $300
- Pixel 5 $400
- iPhone 7 $246
- most phones taken.
You can even buy a used phone on eBay to get tradein.
Posted: November 24, 2022 7:24 AM PST
Expiring Today: Marshall Stanmore II Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Sale $249.99 + Free Shipping
Amazon has a Marshall Stanmore II Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Speaker Sale, $249.99 Free Shipping. Expires Soon - Normall $310 New at amazon. Rated 4.4 out of 5 stars. In several colors.
This Stanmore speaker II is a compact active stereo speaker that yields clean and precise sound even at high levels, in other words crank it up to 11.
- Multiple connection sources, including Bluetooth wireless, 3.5 mm auxiliary, RCA connector, or optical mini-jack
Posted: November 23, 2022 8:00 AM PST
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.