Predictions for Black Friday 2019 – Cyber Monday 2019
Last Update: September 30, 2019
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the biggest sales day of the year for retailers. Starting in 2015, stores decided to jump the traditions and start sales earlier in the MONTH! Realistically, these sales were not as good as the main event, they were more hype.
We will analyze the deals from Black Friday 2018 and Cyber Monday 2018 and produce our educated guess on Black Friday 2019 and Cyber Monday 2019 sale items.
Predicted Black Friday Deals
The First Black Friday 2018 ad was leaked on October 2, 2018. We expect this date to be pushed even early this year. Stores want to make a big splash and get in the news. Retail stores have been closing left and right, making Black Friday even more important for the survivors.
Way too many stores were open on Thanksgiving in last year, we expect fewer stores will open, allowing people to spend time with their families, as SHOULD be the case. MOST online sales start on Thanksgiving anyway, so keep that tradition going.
Electronics are consistently one of the biggest Black Friday sales items. We found Black Friday deals on lots of electronic items that were much better than the prices you can get now:
- Video Game Consoles. The PS4, Xbox One were all $50 off on Black Friday. Microsoft even offered a $60 Xbox gift code with your purchase. For 2017 the consoles have been updated to the PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Xbox X, and Xbox One S. New bundles will be available for the Holidays. We expect the same $50 off deals plus a gift card on both PS4 Slim and Xbox One S, while the PS4 Pro will see discounting. Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are hard to find, do not expect much discounts.
- Tablets. At Target, you could get a $125 off an iPad. 5% off for Red Card users. Fire 7 Tablet for $33.33. With tablet sales in continue decline, expect slightly larger gift cards this year. iPad Pro 9.7 will join in the gift card promotions. Samsung Tablets will fall in price but are not as popular.
- Laptops. At Staples, we found Dell and HP laptops discounted on Black Friday. You could also get similar savings on printers and all kinds of accessories. Laptops are also falling in demand, so expect the same or larger discounts. Best Buy had a $99 Chromebook, $179 Lenovo 15.6 Laptop.
- TVs. Many HDTVs were marked down on Black Friday. We do not recommend buy 1080p HDTVs any more. 4K HDTV are becoming mainstream. Best Buy had a Sharp 50 4K Roku TV for $179.99, look for the same or better price. Toshiba 55 4K Smart TV went for $279.
- Smartphones. We found tons of Black Friday deals on smartphones. This year, expect free gift cards of $100-$300 with the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. Accessories and Unlocked phones will continue to go on sale too. Verizon had a Samsung Galaxy S9 $15.75/month for 24 months.
- Wearable Technology. Fitbit were popular, but now the fad has fallen off and the shine has fallen on the Apple Watch and other smart watches. Look for discounts and free gift cards on them.
- Smart Home - Thermostats - Home Internet of Things. At Target, you could get a free $50 gift card with your purchase of the newest Nest thermostat. You could also use your Red card to knock $12 off the price. This year expect more discounting on connected smoke alarms, cameras, and other smart home technology. Amazon Echo Dot $29.99. Ring Doorbell $99.99
- Gift Cards. On eBay there were many 10-20% off gift cards sold including iTunes, eBay, and more. This year expect more gift card discounts.. iTunes cards are great stocking stuffers.
We found Black Friday deals on other products, as well. For instance, if you spent $75 on Black Friday at Target, you got a coupon for 20% off your next shopping trip in early December.
3/31/20: Free Doritos Locos Taco at Taco Bell, Taco Bell Foundation will donate $1 Million to No Kid Hungry. While supplies last.
Order Online too and get it anytime.
- Additional charges may apply for substitutions. Check your local Taco Bell for availability. May not be redeemed with other offers.
- Tax extra. Offers may vary.
Download our free Food Coupons App for iOS and Android - To Save money with Food wherever YOU are.Posted: March 31, 2020 12:00 AM PDT
TaxAct is free for simple filers. 15% off others.
TaxAct has long-offered a Price Lock Guarantee on its products, ensuring its customers pay the price listed for their selected product at the time they started their return, no matter when they file.
- TaxAct guarantees the calculations on your return are 100% correct.
Remember, Tax Software gets more expensive as you get closer to the April 15, 2019 deadline. Yes, we get a NO extra days this year!
H&R Block has their H&R Block 2019 Deluxe + State Tax Software + 4% Refund Bonus Offer $34.99 at amazon PC/Mac download.
TurboTax is the #1 and top rated Tax Software. They have a sale on their Deluxe 2019 Federal and State version on sale for $49.80 PC/Mac Download (Regular $60). If you have a simple return, use their Federal Free Edition.
- Fidelity has save up to $20 on TurboTax
Target Buy 2 Get 1 Free Video Games, Board Games - Includes Switch, PS4, Xbox One, also includes books, music, movies. Free Shipping with $35 minimum right now too, free in store pickup. Extra 5% off and Free Shipping for Target Red card users. Online only.
Posted: March 29, 2020 8:00 AM PDT
REI has a big sale now. For Members: 20% off 1 full-price item with code: MEMPERKS2020 Expires: 4/6/2020. Enter coupon code in Step 2. of Checkout: Billing.
- Also extra 20% off one Garage (Outlet) item with same code. A great chance to buy items that are never on sale.
- 30% off Patagonia Clothes and Gear Expires 4/11/2020
- 25% off all North Face gear & Clothing Expires 4/19/2020
- 25% off All REI Co-Op Brand Gear and Clothing
- 25% off All REI Co-Op Brand Packs & Bags
- YETI Hopper Flip 8 Soft Cooler $149.90 Free Shipping ($200)
- YETI Tundra 35 Cooler $187 Free Shipping ($249)
- Dr. Bronner's Organic Hand Sanitizer $5
- REI Co-Op Groundbreaker Jacket $31.83 ($80)
- 30% off Mountain Hardwear Exposure/2 GORE-TEX PACLite Stretch Jackets for Men and Women $174.73 Free Shipping ($250)
- 40% off select prAna tops, leggings
REI has a total satisfaction policy where you can return items at any time within 1 year. Tax in most states.
Lifetime membership is a one time free of only $20. You get a dividend back at the end of each year for any full price items you have purchased.
- Discount applies to highest full-price item AND highest-price REI Garage item in shopping cart. Discounts not valid on bicycles, hard-shell boats, paddleboards, surfboards, any item with GPS technology, action cameras and accessories, activity trackers, personal locator beacons, avalanche transceiver and airbag products, skis, ski boots or ski bindings; snowboards, snowboard boots or snowboard bindings.
- Offer is limited to stock on hand and backorderable items, is nontransferable(oops and is not redeemable for cash.
- Merchandise purchased with this offer is not eligible for the REI member refund. Offer may not be combined with any other discount or offer. Limit one coupon per customer.
Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: March 29, 2020 12:01 AM PDT
Free Amazon FireTV Stick when you prepay for 2 months of Sling TV. This is for new and qualified existing customers only. No annual contract. $49.99 value!
- One per customer and cannot be combined. Must provide email address and credit card. Must subscribe to two month(s) of Sling Orange or Sling Blue service. New and qualified existing customers only. Limit one device per Sling TV account. Not available with free trial. Not available in Puerto Rico.
Not ready to commit?Posted: March 25, 2020 9:00 PM PDT
New Coupons including:
- Free Whopper Sandwich with purchase of one (BOGO) Code: 6172 Expires: 5/17/2020
- $4.99 for 2 Original Chicken Sandwiches & 2 Fries Code: 8827 Expires: 5/17/2020
Download our Free Food Coupons App for iOS and Android - To Save money with Food wherever YOU are.
Coupons are valid at participating locations. Please mention coupon before ordering. Not valid with any other promotion. Coupons Not Valid in PR, AK, & HI or outside US.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: March 25, 2020 12:01 AM PDT
Predicted Cyber Monday 2019 Deals
The other big shopping day is Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, when people slack off at work to shop online. Predictions for this year include:
- A coupon code for 15% off everything at Target, including the Apple Watch and Apple TV was offered in last year, expect the same this year.
- A variety of sales and coupons at Kohl’s, including 20% off the entire site and $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent - good for the whole week after Thanksgiving should also be offered.
- A $300 gift card at Best Buy with the purchase of a new Samsung smartphone. This year should have the same.
- 30% off the entire Kate Spade site, good through Dec. 5 should come back early in December.
- 50% to 60% off all items on the Perry Ellis site, plus a coupon code for an extra 10% off may return
- 60% off selected styles at Sunglass Hut, should return for this year.
- $25 off a $100 purchase at Rakuten (Buy.com) when you used Visa Checkout to pay for your purchase. We expect more Visa Checkout or Masterpass discounts to show up at Rakuten, newegg and several other stores.
According to Forbes, although Black Friday crowds were disappointing this year, Cyber Monday actually had its biggest sales numbers ever. So maybe all those shoppers who weren’t in stores weren’t really missing out on the great deals - they were just shopping from the comfort of home. This year, we expect even more people to shop online.
What Deals are Available Now
To find the best deals from now:
- Visit BuyVia to stay up to date on Sales. New deals are popping up daily
- Use Shopping Apps for Android and iOS to barcode scan items and find local deals and coupons.
- Stay tuned for more hot deals on Green Monday in early December - This is the Monday at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Watch for last minute sales right before Christmas Shipping deadlines - Middle of December.
Do you have any tips for smarter shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?