Predictions for Black Friday 2019 – Cyber Monday 2019
Last Update: September 30, 2019
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the biggest sales day of the year for retailers. Starting in 2015, stores decided to jump the traditions and start sales earlier in the MONTH! Realistically, these sales were not as good as the main event, they were more hype.
We will analyze the deals from Black Friday 2018 and Cyber Monday 2018 and produce our educated guess on Black Friday 2019 and Cyber Monday 2019 sale items.
Predicted Black Friday Deals
The First Black Friday 2018 ad was leaked on October 2, 2018. We expect this date to be pushed even early this year. Stores want to make a big splash and get in the news. Retail stores have been closing left and right, making Black Friday even more important for the survivors.
Way too many stores were open on Thanksgiving in last year, we expect fewer stores will open, allowing people to spend time with their families, as SHOULD be the case. MOST online sales start on Thanksgiving anyway, so keep that tradition going.
Electronics are consistently one of the biggest Black Friday sales items. We found Black Friday deals on lots of electronic items that were much better than the prices you can get now:
- Video Game Consoles. The PS4, Xbox One were all $50 off on Black Friday. Microsoft even offered a $60 Xbox gift code with your purchase. For 2017 the consoles have been updated to the PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Xbox X, and Xbox One S. New bundles will be available for the Holidays. We expect the same $50 off deals plus a gift card on both PS4 Slim and Xbox One S, while the PS4 Pro will see discounting. Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are hard to find, do not expect much discounts.
- Tablets. At Target, you could get a $125 off an iPad. 5% off for Red Card users. Fire 7 Tablet for $33.33. With tablet sales in continue decline, expect slightly larger gift cards this year. iPad Pro 9.7 will join in the gift card promotions. Samsung Tablets will fall in price but are not as popular.
- Laptops. At Staples, we found Dell and HP laptops discounted on Black Friday. You could also get similar savings on printers and all kinds of accessories. Laptops are also falling in demand, so expect the same or larger discounts. Best Buy had a $99 Chromebook, $179 Lenovo 15.6 Laptop.
- TVs. Many HDTVs were marked down on Black Friday. We do not recommend buy 1080p HDTVs any more. 4K HDTV are becoming mainstream. Best Buy had a Sharp 50 4K Roku TV for $179.99, look for the same or better price. Toshiba 55 4K Smart TV went for $279.
- Smartphones. We found tons of Black Friday deals on smartphones. This year, expect free gift cards of $100-$300 with the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. Accessories and Unlocked phones will continue to go on sale too. Verizon had a Samsung Galaxy S9 $15.75/month for 24 months.
- Wearable Technology. Fitbit were popular, but now the fad has fallen off and the shine has fallen on the Apple Watch and other smart watches. Look for discounts and free gift cards on them.
- Smart Home - Thermostats - Home Internet of Things. At Target, you could get a free $50 gift card with your purchase of the newest Nest thermostat. You could also use your Red card to knock $12 off the price. This year expect more discounting on connected smoke alarms, cameras, and other smart home technology. Amazon Echo Dot $29.99. Ring Doorbell $99.99
- Gift Cards. On eBay there were many 10-20% off gift cards sold including iTunes, eBay, and more. This year expect more gift card discounts.. iTunes cards are great stocking stuffers.
We found Black Friday deals on other products, as well. For instance, if you spent $75 on Black Friday at Target, you got a coupon for 20% off your next shopping trip in early December.
For a limited time! $20 off for DoorDash New Customers - Get $5 off your first 4 DoorDash orders over $10 - Delivery services are available at many new areas now. Max redemption value $15.
- Hungry? Hit a couple buttons and get food delivered
- You can also pickup food to avoid delivery fees
- More Big name restaurants
- Available in more Cities - Click to check if it is in yours
Posted: October 15, 2019 12:38 AM PDT
New Coupons including:
- Free Whopper Sandwich with purchase of one (BOGO) Code: 6172 Expires: 11/17/2019
- $8.99 for 2 Whopper Sandwiches, 2 Soft drinks & 2 Small Fries Code: 8971 Expires: 11/17/2019
Download our Free Food Coupons App for iOS and Android - To Save money with Food wherever YOU are.
Coupons are valid at participating locations. Please mention coupon before ordering. Not valid with any other promotion. Coupons Not Valid in PR, AK, & HI or outside US.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: October 15, 2019 12:01 AM PDT
Get $10 off your first Grubhub or Seamless Order of $15+ of $15 or more.
- Get the tastiest foods in your neighborhood delivered directly to your door, and dress it up with a delicious $10 off your first order of $15+.
- Also works at their sister company: Seamless
Valid for first time Grubhub users only (per person and per email address). For one-time use only. Cannot be combined with other discounts. To redeem, enter code at checkout on Grubhub's website and app (cannot be combined with cash), and $10 will be taken off of minimum orders of $15, before tax, tip and delivery fee. Only valid on personal (non-corporate) accounts.Posted: October 14, 2019 1:01 PM PDT
eBay (Dyson Outlet, 25,000 feedback) has Extra 20% off in Dyson Outlet - Free Shipping - Vacs, Fans, More with discount taken in Shopping Cart. Expires: 10/18/2019 11:59pm PT - Maximum discount $100.
- Manufacturer Refurbished items have 6 Month Dyson Official warranty
Dyson Ball Multi Floor 2 Upright Vac Manufacturer Refurbished $224.99 - 20% off coupon = $180 Free Shipping.
Dyson V7 Animal Cordless Vac Refurbished $219.99 - 20% off = $175.99 Free Shipping.
Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Refurbished $279.99 -20% off = $224 Free Shipping ($400)Promo Code: JOBDONE
Sales tax in: Depends on seller
Posted: October 14, 2019 8:00 AM PDT
1-Month of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate + 6-Months of Spotify Premium only $1. Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Get unlimited access to over 100 Xbox One and Xbox 360 games on Xbox One, for one low monthly price.
- Play a wide variety of games from exclusives like Halo, Gears of War, and Fable to critically-acclaimed indie titles like Limbo.
- Ultimate gets you unlimited access to 100+ Xbox One / Xbox 360 titles on Xbox One (aka Game Pass), and it includes Xbox Live Gold.
Posted: October 13, 2019 8:01 AM PDT
Best price out of the 4 carriers. Time to switch. Sprint has an Sprint iPhone 11 $0/mo Lease - iPhone XR $8/month normally $29.17/month or iPhone 11 Pro 64GB $12.50/mo or 11 Pro Max 64GB $16.67/month and 18 month lease, new line or eligible upgrade and approved credit with trade in. Free Shipping. $30 activation fee. Excludes tax.
iPhone XR 64GB $15/month lease ($25)
- Trade-in select iPhone 7 or newer, Galaxy S9 or newer in ANY condition and score a discount on the latest iPhone. iPhone 6's or Samsung S8 drop the price to $14.58/mo
- On approved credit
- At month 18, return it & upgrade to a new model, or buy it (via one lump payment or 6 monthly payments)
Sprint Unlimited Basic Plan
- 1 line $60/month, 4 lines $100/month (With autopay discount)
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 500MB LTE Mobile hotspot
- Free Hulu
Unlimited talk/text, 2GB Plan only $40/month.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: October 13, 2019 6:28 AM PDT
Predicted Cyber Monday 2019 Deals
The other big shopping day is Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, when people slack off at work to shop online. Predictions for this year include:
- A coupon code for 15% off everything at Target, including the Apple Watch and Apple TV was offered in last year, expect the same this year.
- A variety of sales and coupons at Kohl’s, including 20% off the entire site and $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent - good for the whole week after Thanksgiving should also be offered.
- A $300 gift card at Best Buy with the purchase of a new Samsung smartphone. This year should have the same.
- 30% off the entire Kate Spade site, good through Dec. 5 should come back early in December.
- 50% to 60% off all items on the Perry Ellis site, plus a coupon code for an extra 10% off may return
- 60% off selected styles at Sunglass Hut, should return for this year.
- $25 off a $100 purchase at Rakuten (Buy.com) when you used Visa Checkout to pay for your purchase. We expect more Visa Checkout or Masterpass discounts to show up at Rakuten, newegg and several other stores.
According to Forbes, although Black Friday crowds were disappointing this year, Cyber Monday actually had its biggest sales numbers ever. So maybe all those shoppers who weren’t in stores weren’t really missing out on the great deals - they were just shopping from the comfort of home. This year, we expect even more people to shop online.
What Deals are Available Now
To find the best deals from now:
- Visit BuyVia to stay up to date on Sales. New deals are popping up daily
- Use Shopping Apps for Android and iOS to barcode scan items and find local deals and coupons.
- Stay tuned for more hot deals on Green Monday in early December - This is the Monday at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Watch for last minute sales right before Christmas Shipping deadlines - Middle of December.
Do you have any tips for smarter shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?