Predictions for Black Friday 2019 – Cyber Monday 2019
Last Update: September 30, 2019
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the biggest sales day of the year for retailers. Starting in 2015, stores decided to jump the traditions and start sales earlier in the MONTH! Realistically, these sales were not as good as the main event, they were more hype.
We will analyze the deals from Black Friday 2018 and Cyber Monday 2018 and produce our educated guess on Black Friday 2019 and Cyber Monday 2019 sale items.
Predicted Black Friday Deals
The First Black Friday 2018 ad was leaked on October 2, 2018. We expect this date to be pushed even early this year. Stores want to make a big splash and get in the news. Retail stores have been closing left and right, making Black Friday even more important for the survivors.
Way too many stores were open on Thanksgiving in last year, we expect fewer stores will open, allowing people to spend time with their families, as SHOULD be the case. MOST online sales start on Thanksgiving anyway, so keep that tradition going.
Electronics are consistently one of the biggest Black Friday sales items. We found Black Friday deals on lots of electronic items that were much better than the prices you can get now:
- Video Game Consoles. The PS4, Xbox One were all $50 off on Black Friday. Microsoft even offered a $60 Xbox gift code with your purchase. For 2017 the consoles have been updated to the PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Xbox X, and Xbox One S. New bundles will be available for the Holidays. We expect the same $50 off deals plus a gift card on both PS4 Slim and Xbox One S, while the PS4 Pro will see discounting. Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are hard to find, do not expect much discounts.
- Tablets. At Target, you could get a $125 off an iPad. 5% off for Red Card users. Fire 7 Tablet for $33.33. With tablet sales in continue decline, expect slightly larger gift cards this year. iPad Pro 9.7 will join in the gift card promotions. Samsung Tablets will fall in price but are not as popular.
- Laptops. At Staples, we found Dell and HP laptops discounted on Black Friday. You could also get similar savings on printers and all kinds of accessories. Laptops are also falling in demand, so expect the same or larger discounts. Best Buy had a $99 Chromebook, $179 Lenovo 15.6 Laptop.
- TVs. Many HDTVs were marked down on Black Friday. We do not recommend buy 1080p HDTVs any more. 4K HDTV are becoming mainstream. Best Buy had a Sharp 50 4K Roku TV for $179.99, look for the same or better price. Toshiba 55 4K Smart TV went for $279.
- Smartphones. We found tons of Black Friday deals on smartphones. This year, expect free gift cards of $100-$300 with the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. Accessories and Unlocked phones will continue to go on sale too. Verizon had a Samsung Galaxy S9 $15.75/month for 24 months.
- Wearable Technology. Fitbit were popular, but now the fad has fallen off and the shine has fallen on the Apple Watch and other smart watches. Look for discounts and free gift cards on them.
- Smart Home - Thermostats - Home Internet of Things. At Target, you could get a free $50 gift card with your purchase of the newest Nest thermostat. You could also use your Red card to knock $12 off the price. This year expect more discounting on connected smoke alarms, cameras, and other smart home technology. Amazon Echo Dot $29.99. Ring Doorbell $99.99
- Gift Cards. On eBay there were many 10-20% off gift cards sold including iTunes, eBay, and more. This year expect more gift card discounts.. iTunes cards are great stocking stuffers.
We found Black Friday deals on other products, as well. For instance, if you spent $75 on Black Friday at Target, you got a coupon for 20% off your next shopping trip in early December.
VUDU/Fandango is offering VUDU/Fandango: 30% Off On Your Next Single Movie/TV Episode Purchase when you follow the instructions below. Expires: 8/27/2021
Note, you must connect your existing FandangoNow account your VUDU account in order to qualify for this promotional offer
- Click this link here
- Locate the 'Move FandangoNow Account' and click it
- Enter your FandangoNOW email to get started and you will then be emailed a link to confirm your account transfer
- Note, email should be titled 'FandangoNow account confirmed'. In that email click the 'Continue' link to move over your FandangoNow library, account info and purchase history to VUDU
- Login to your VUDU account and your transfer process should officially begin
- Once the transfer is completed, verify that the process is complete
- Add any single Movie/TV Episode or Rental purchase in cart and you'll automatically receive an extra 30% off the purchase applied at checkout
- Note, certain exclusions will apply from this purchase such as Bundles/Mix & Match/Series/Seasons/etc.
- Once officially completed, you should receive another email confirming the merge and your 30% off discount.
Posted: August 4, 2021 8:00 AM PDT
Free Entrance Days in the National Parks is available on these Holidays in 2021:
- January 18 Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- April 17 National Park Week
- August 4 One Year Anniversary of Great American outdoors act
- August 25 National Park Service Birthday
- September 25 National Public Lands Day
- November 11 Veterans Day
Check with your local park to see if they are participating.
National Parks include Yosemite and Sequoia National Park (CA), Grand Canyon National Park (AZ), Zion and Bryce National Park (UT), Theodore Roosevelt National Park (ND), Wright Brothers National Memorial (NC), Lewis & Clark National Historical Park (OR), and many more regional spots.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: August 4, 2021 6:20 AM PDT
- Save on Clothing, Shoes, Beauty, Home, Handbags and More. Up to 50% off many departments!
Tools of the Trade 13pc Cookware set $47.99 (reg. $119).
Bella Rocket Blender $21.99 (reg. $45).
Sunham Soft Spun cotton Bath Towel 27x52 $6.72 (reg. $14).Promo Code: BTS
Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: August 2, 2021 12:08 PM PDT
Prime Gaming via Amazon is offering Prime Gaming: Battlefield V for Free (PC Digital Download) valid for Amazon Prime Members only (after clicking the 'Claim Now' button) Expires: 8/7/2021
Note, must login to your Amazon account w/ an active Amazon Prime Membership to claim offer. Game will require an EA Original account to activiate/play
What is included in this offer?
- Battlefield V (Standard Edition)
- Note, this offer is applicable to PC only
How to redeem this item?
- Redeem your product code in the Origin Client. If you do not already have it installed, download the Origin.
- For PC:
- Log in with the EA account where you want to add the game
- Click the Origin menu.
- Select Redeem Product Code
- For PC:
- Redeem your Product Code on Origin
- Log in to the Origin store website using the EA account where you want to add the game
- Select Game Library
- Click Add a Game in the top right corner. This will drop down an option to click Redeem Product Code
- Once you're at the page to enter your code, type in your game's Product Code. Click Next and the game will show up in your Game Library
Posted: August 2, 2021 7:50 AM PDT
- Battlefield V (Standard Edition)
Predicted Cyber Monday 2019 Deals
The other big shopping day is Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, when people slack off at work to shop online. Predictions for this year include:
- A coupon code for 15% off everything at Target, including the Apple Watch and Apple TV was offered in last year, expect the same this year.
- A variety of sales and coupons at Kohl’s, including 20% off the entire site and $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent - good for the whole week after Thanksgiving should also be offered.
- A $300 gift card at Best Buy with the purchase of a new Samsung smartphone. This year should have the same.
- 30% off the entire Kate Spade site, good through Dec. 5 should come back early in December.
- 50% to 60% off all items on the Perry Ellis site, plus a coupon code for an extra 10% off may return
- 60% off selected styles at Sunglass Hut, should return for this year.
- $25 off a $100 purchase at Rakuten (Buy.com) when you used Visa Checkout to pay for your purchase. We expect more Visa Checkout or Masterpass discounts to show up at Rakuten, newegg and several other stores.
According to Forbes, although Black Friday crowds were disappointing this year, Cyber Monday actually had its biggest sales numbers ever. So maybe all those shoppers who weren’t in stores weren’t really missing out on the great deals - they were just shopping from the comfort of home. This year, we expect even more people to shop online.
What Deals are Available Now
To find the best deals from now:
- Visit BuyVia to stay up to date on Sales. New deals are popping up daily
- Use Shopping Apps for Android and iOS to barcode scan items and find local deals and coupons.
- Stay tuned for more hot deals on Green Monday in early December - This is the Monday at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Watch for last minute sales right before Christmas Shipping deadlines - Middle of December.
Do you have any tips for smarter shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?