Predictions for Black Friday 2019 – Cyber Monday 2019
Last Update: September 30, 2019
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the biggest sales day of the year for retailers. Starting in 2015, stores decided to jump the traditions and start sales earlier in the MONTH! Realistically, these sales were not as good as the main event, they were more hype.
We will analyze the deals from Black Friday 2018 and Cyber Monday 2018 and produce our educated guess on Black Friday 2019 and Cyber Monday 2019 sale items.
Predicted Black Friday Deals
The First Black Friday 2018 ad was leaked on October 2, 2018. We expect this date to be pushed even early this year. Stores want to make a big splash and get in the news. Retail stores have been closing left and right, making Black Friday even more important for the survivors.
Way too many stores were open on Thanksgiving in last year, we expect fewer stores will open, allowing people to spend time with their families, as SHOULD be the case. MOST online sales start on Thanksgiving anyway, so keep that tradition going.
Electronics are consistently one of the biggest Black Friday sales items. We found Black Friday deals on lots of electronic items that were much better than the prices you can get now:
- Video Game Consoles. The PS4, Xbox One were all $50 off on Black Friday. Microsoft even offered a $60 Xbox gift code with your purchase. For 2017 the consoles have been updated to the PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Xbox X, and Xbox One S. New bundles will be available for the Holidays. We expect the same $50 off deals plus a gift card on both PS4 Slim and Xbox One S, while the PS4 Pro will see discounting. Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are hard to find, do not expect much discounts.
- Tablets. At Target, you could get a $125 off an iPad. 5% off for Red Card users. Fire 7 Tablet for $33.33. With tablet sales in continue decline, expect slightly larger gift cards this year. iPad Pro 9.7 will join in the gift card promotions. Samsung Tablets will fall in price but are not as popular.
- Laptops. At Staples, we found Dell and HP laptops discounted on Black Friday. You could also get similar savings on printers and all kinds of accessories. Laptops are also falling in demand, so expect the same or larger discounts. Best Buy had a $99 Chromebook, $179 Lenovo 15.6 Laptop.
- TVs. Many HDTVs were marked down on Black Friday. We do not recommend buy 1080p HDTVs any more. 4K HDTV are becoming mainstream. Best Buy had a Sharp 50 4K Roku TV for $179.99, look for the same or better price. Toshiba 55 4K Smart TV went for $279.
- Smartphones. We found tons of Black Friday deals on smartphones. This year, expect free gift cards of $100-$300 with the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. Accessories and Unlocked phones will continue to go on sale too. Verizon had a Samsung Galaxy S9 $15.75/month for 24 months.
- Wearable Technology. Fitbit were popular, but now the fad has fallen off and the shine has fallen on the Apple Watch and other smart watches. Look for discounts and free gift cards on them.
- Smart Home - Thermostats - Home Internet of Things. At Target, you could get a free $50 gift card with your purchase of the newest Nest thermostat. You could also use your Red card to knock $12 off the price. This year expect more discounting on connected smoke alarms, cameras, and other smart home technology. Amazon Echo Dot $29.99. Ring Doorbell $99.99
- Gift Cards. On eBay there were many 10-20% off gift cards sold including iTunes, eBay, and more. This year expect more gift card discounts.. iTunes cards are great stocking stuffers.
We found Black Friday deals on other products, as well. For instance, if you spent $75 on Black Friday at Target, you got a coupon for 20% off your next shopping trip in early December.
Today, Amazon Epic Holiday Deals - Toys, Electronics, Home.., with Free Shipping $25 or with Prime. Expires: 12/21/2022
- Up to 52% off Little Tikes Toys
- $4.99 and under Top Wishlist reads on Kindle
- 20% off Manscaped Grooming Products
- Up to 49% off Winter Styles from Amazon Brands
- Up to 35% off Electronics & Amazon Basics Office Products
- and much more
Posted: December 2, 2022 8:00 AM PST
- Alexa can show you more - With an 8" HD screen (1280x800) and stereo sound, Alexa can help manage your day at a glance.
- Be entertained - Ask Alexa to show you movie trailers, TV shows, movies, or the news. Or listen to radio stations, podcasts, and audiobooks.
- Connect with video calling and messaging - Call friends and family who have the Alexa app or an Echo device with a screen. Make announcements to other devices in your home.
Posted: December 2, 2022 6:59 AM PST
Get ready for Bargains with Walmart Holiday Price Rollbacks - 4K, Robovacs, Toys, More. Walmart has discounted a large selection of items with Free Shipping available on most orders over $35 or with Walmart+. Free store pickup also available on most items.
Lots of Tech, Toys, Home items, clothes and more for Men, Women, and Kids.
iHome AutoVac Juno Robot Vacuum with Mapping Technology $85 Free Shipping ($199)
onn 50 class 4K Roku Smart TV $238 Free Shipping ($268)
Posted: December 1, 2022 9:00 AM PST
Adidas 40% Off Almost Everything with coupon code DECEMBER. Expires: 12/9/2022 - Exclusions may apply, see site for details. Shipping is free on all orders. Free returns for 45 days.
Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: December 1, 2022 6:10 AM PST
Predicted Cyber Monday 2019 Deals
The other big shopping day is Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, when people slack off at work to shop online. Predictions for this year include:
- A coupon code for 15% off everything at Target, including the Apple Watch and Apple TV was offered in last year, expect the same this year.
- A variety of sales and coupons at Kohl’s, including 20% off the entire site and $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent - good for the whole week after Thanksgiving should also be offered.
- A $300 gift card at Best Buy with the purchase of a new Samsung smartphone. This year should have the same.
- 30% off the entire Kate Spade site, good through Dec. 5 should come back early in December.
- 50% to 60% off all items on the Perry Ellis site, plus a coupon code for an extra 10% off may return
- 60% off selected styles at Sunglass Hut, should return for this year.
- $25 off a $100 purchase at Rakuten (Buy.com) when you used Visa Checkout to pay for your purchase. We expect more Visa Checkout or Masterpass discounts to show up at Rakuten, newegg and several other stores.
According to Forbes, although Black Friday crowds were disappointing this year, Cyber Monday actually had its biggest sales numbers ever. So maybe all those shoppers who weren’t in stores weren’t really missing out on the great deals - they were just shopping from the comfort of home. This year, we expect even more people to shop online.
What Deals are Available Now
To find the best deals from now:
- Visit BuyVia to stay up to date on Sales. New deals are popping up daily
- Use Shopping Apps for Android and iOS to barcode scan items and find local deals and coupons.
- Stay tuned for more hot deals on Green Monday in early December - This is the Monday at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Watch for last minute sales right before Christmas Shipping deadlines - Middle of December.
Do you have any tips for smarter shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?