Predictions for Black Friday 2017 – Cyber Monday 2017
Last Update: September 21, 2017
Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, is traditionally the biggest sales day of the year for retailers. Starting in 2015, stores decided to jump the traditions and start sales earlier in the MONTH! Realistically, these sales were not as good as the main event.
We will analyze the deals from Black Friday 2016 and Cyber Monday 2016 and produce our educated guess on Black Friday 2017 and Cyber Monday 2017 sale items.
Predicted Black Friday 2017 Deals
The First Black Friday 2016 ad was leaked on October 27, 2016. We expect this date to be pushed even early in 2016. Stores want to make a big splash and get in the news. Retail stores have been closing left and right, making Black Friday even more important for the survivors.
Way too many stores were open on Thanksgiving in 2016, we expect fewer stores will open, allowing people to spend time with their families, as SHOULD be the case. MOST online sales start on Thanksgiving anyway, so keep that tradition going.
Electronics are consistently one of the biggest Black Friday sales items. We found Black Friday deals on lots of electronic items that were much better than the prices you can get now:
- Video Game Consoles. The PS4, Xbox One were all $50 off on Black Friday 2016. Microsoft even offered a $60 Xbox gift code with your purchase. For 2017 the consoles have been updated to the PS4 Slim, PS4 Pro, Xbox X (Ships 11/7/17), and Xbox One S. New bundles will be available for the Holidays. We expect the same $50 off deals plus a gift card on both PS4 Slim and Xbox One S, while the PS4 Pro will see discounting. Xbox One X and Nintendo Switch are hard to find, do not expect discounts.
- Tablets. At Target, you could get a $125 off an iPad Air 2 in 2016. 5% off for Red Card users. Fire 7 Tablet for $33.33. With tablet sales in continue decline, expect slightly larger gift cards this year. iPad Pro 9.7 will join in the gift card promotions. Samsung Tablets will fall in price.
- Laptops. At Staples, we found Dell and HP laptops discounted on Black Friday 2016. You could also get similar savings on printers and all kinds of accessories. Laptops are also falling in demand, so expect the same or larger discounts.
- TVs. Many HDTVs were marked down on Black Friday 2016. We do not recommend buy 1080p HDTVs any more. 4K HDTV are becoming mainstream, we expect a 50 inch 4K HDTV to sell for only $300-350.
- Smartphones. We found tons of Black Friday 2016 deals on smartphones. In 2017, expect free gift cards of $100-$300 with the latest iPhones or Samsung Galaxy phones. Accessories and Unlocked phones will continue to go on sale too.
- Wearable Technology. Fitbit were popular, but now the fad has fallen off and the shine has fallen on the Apple Watch and other smart watches. Look for discounts and free gift cards on them.
- Smart Thermostats - Home Internet of Things. At Target, you could get a free $50 gift card with your purchase of the newest Nest thermostat. You could also use your Red card to knock $12 off the price. In 2017 expect more discounting on connected smoke alarms, cameras, and other smart home technology.
- Gift Cards. At Toys R Us and Babies R Us, you could buy a $100 gift card for $85. They filed chapter 11 in September 2017, so people are wary to buy their gift cards now. On eBay there were many 10-20% off gift cards sold including iTunes, eBay, and more. In 2017 expect more gift card discounts..
We found Black Friday deals on other products, as well. For instance, if you spent $75 on Black Friday at Target, you got a coupon for 20% off your next shopping trip between Dec. 4 and Dec. 13, 2016
Free Burger from the Habit Burger Grill for signing up for their CharClub emails. They were voted Best Tasting Burger in Consumer Reports and have locations in CA, AZ, FL, NJ and other states. Coupon arrives within hours when we tested it Thursday.
- This happens only once a year
What a name.. Making a burger a Habit. Hmmm
We have been to Habit a couple times and find them a solid burger bet. When in San Francisco, try our favorite burger at Pearls.
Be sure to download our Food Coupons App for iOS and Android.
- Offer not valid in USC, GCU, LAX, UAE, Reno, China & Santa Barbara County locations
- Coupon expires April 14th, 2018.
Prime members only. Amazon Sample Boxes (Free after Credit) - Snacks, K-Chips, Beauty, Dog Food, Free Shipping. Expires Soon
- Dog Food and Treats
- K-Cups Coffee Sample Box
- Daily Beauty Box
- Luxury Sun Care Sample box
- Snack Sample Box
Buy them and receive a credit for the same price, good towards the purchase of select products shipped and sold from Amazon.com.
- Each box contains samples from various brands
Posted: February 19, 2018 6:01 AM PST
Cashstar has a $15 Savings Code with $150 Best Buy eGift Card. This last happened 3 months ago.
- Buy $150 or more in Best Buy e-gift cards and receive a $15 promotional savings code. The Savings Code is PROMOTIONAL and has No Cash Value.
- $15 savings code will be provided via e-mail on 3/18/18 for use toward a future purchase made from 3/18/18 – 3/31/18.
- Limit 3
Note: You cannot use the $15 Promotional code to buy a gift card. We tried!Posted: February 18, 2018 3:00 PM PST
Predicted Cyber Monday 2017 Deals
The other big shopping day is Cyber Monday, the Monday after Thanksgiving, when people slack off at work to shop online. Predictions for 2017 include:
- A coupon code for 15% off everything at Target, including the Apple Watch and Apple TV was offered in 2016, expect the same in 2017.
- A variety of sales and coupons at Kohl’s, including 20% off the entire site and $15 in Kohl’s Cash for every $50 spent - good for the whole week after Thanksgiving should also be offered.
- A $300 gift card at Best Buy with the purchase of a new Samsung smartphone. 2017 should have the same.
- 30% off the entire Kate Spade site, good through Dec. 5 should come back early in December.
- 50% to 60% off all items on the Perry Ellis site, plus a coupon code for an extra 10% off may return for 2017
- 60% off selected styles at Sunglass Hut, should return for 2017.
- $25 off a $100 purchase at Rakuten (Buy.com) when you used Visa Checkout to pay for your purchase. We expect more Visa Checkout or Masterpass discounts to show up at Rakuten, newegg and several other stores.
According to Forbes, although Black Friday crowds were disappointing this year, Cyber Monday actually had its biggest sales numbers ever. So maybe all those shoppers who weren’t in stores weren’t really missing out on the great deals - they were just shopping from the comfort of home. In 2017, expect even more people to shop online.
What Deals are Available Now
To find the best deals from now:
- Visit BuyVia to stay up to date on Sales. New deals are popping up daily
- Use Shopping Apps for Android and iOS to barcode scan items and find local deals and coupons.
- Stay tuned for more hot deals on Green Monday, December 11, 2017 - This is the Monday at least 10 days prior to Christmas.
- Watch for last minute sales right before Christmas Shipping deadlines - December 18-22, 2017
Do you have any tips for smarter shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday?