BuyVia Blog: Expert Tips for Saving Money in Online Shopping with Coupons and Discounts
These days, starting the school year out on the right foot isn’t just about doing your summer reading and buying a few pens and pencils. Having the latest high-tech gadgets for school is the key to staying organized, keeping up with homework and fitting in. Forget textbooks and old-school Trapper Keepers, the 2013-2014 school year is all about tablets and electronic note-takers. Here are six of the must-have back to school electronics for students.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
This year’s generation of tablets is made for a lot more than reading and the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is no exception. The 5.3” gadget is light and thin and can help students in nearly every daily task, including reading papers, taking notes, watching videos, keeping a schedule and more. The multi-purpose tablet has a HD Super AMOLED display and is equipped with an 8 megapixel camera. There are also endless apps that make the Galaxy Note completely customizable for every student’s needs. Though it comes in at around $400, its versatility is its main draw.
Whether you are at home or on the road, you can access free Wi-Fi virtually everywhere, from airports and hotels to coffee shops and fast food restaurants. But while it’s convenient to be able to easily tie into a wireless network, it can also be dangerous. If you aren’t careful, you could be making it way too convenient for hackers to do what they do best: steal your personal and business information.
Any time you use a free Wi-Fi hotspot that does not require a password, you should assume that a hacker can see everything you send and receive. Some Wi-Fi hot spots, such as those offered by AT&T and Comcast, require you to log in with your user name and password. All they are doing, however, is restricting access to the network; they are not creating a secure wireless connection.
The first power strips were simply a convenience — useful devices that could instantly turn one electrical outlet into six or eight. In the past half-century or so, they have evolved into much more. They are now smart enough to guard against the effects of power surges, keep your televisions, computers and other devices operating even if the electricity in your home fails and help you avoid wasting energy.
A Smart Move
Xfinity.com has the new Google Pixel 4a 128GBw/ 5G Xfinity Sale for $249.99 with Free Shipping. It sells out from time to time. Must be an Xfinity customer.
Xfinity Mobile plans by the Gig or $45/line for Unlimited.
- Great Value, no need to pay $700-$1000 for an expensive flagship phone!
- If your phone stopped getting monthly security updates, it is time for a new phone
It does not have all the latest bells and whistles but does the job at half the price of top of the line phones. No waterproofing, so use a good case. cnet Review calls it a feature rich budget smartphone
Google Pixel phones get all the latest updates and do not have junkware installed. Comes with 3 years of OS and security updates] and the custom-built Titan M chip.
- 5.8" Screen
- 5G capable cell phone gives you an extra boost of speed so you can download a movie in seconds, enjoy smooth streaming in ultra clear HD, play games at home and on the go, and even share your 5G speed with friends
- The all day battery can last up to 48 hours with Extreme Battery Saver
- Your phone will automatically receive the latest OS and security updates for at least 3 years; the custom-made Titan M chip helps secure the operating system and sensitive data, like passwords
- Take vibrant photos on your phone even in the dark with Night Sight, bring studio-quality light to your pictures of people with Portrait Light; and get more scenery and people in the shot with the rear-facing ultrawide lens
- With Call Screen, Google Assistant filters out detected spammers without interrupting you and provides helpful information about callers you don’t recognize before you answer your phone
- With HD Google Duo screen sharing, you can read articles, watch live sports, and video chat with friends and family
- Phone includes a 3.5 mm audio jack for maximum flexibility, so it works with the wired or Bluetooth headphones you already have
Valentine's Sale. ATT Wireless has Switch to ATT: iPhone 11 $10/mon or Samsung S20 FE 5G $15/month, Free Shipping. Expires: 3/1/2021
- iPhone 11 $10/mo. No trade in required!
- Samsung S20FE 5G $15/mo. No trade in required!
- $30 activation/upgrade fee
- Bill credits over 30 month installments
- Credits start within 3 bills. Trade-in credits, if any, start within 3 bills after trade-in is completed. You will receive catch-up credits once bill credits start.
Posted: February 25, 2021 11:59 PM PST
Samsung has a Samsung Trade-In Promo: Trade Galaxy S10, Get Note20 5G Smartphone for $449.99 after $550 Instant Credit Off when you trade an eligible Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Device - Free Shipping. Expires: 2/28/2021
- This great deal makes sense only if you have a Galaxy S10 to trade in. S7-S9 yield a lot less trade in value.
Note, qualifying device must be in working condition, otherwise, devices in lower condition may receive lower value/rejected. Cracked-screen trade in credit is available from $499.99.
- Click this link here
- Select your choice of carrier from Unlocked to AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile & More
- Select your choice of colorway
- Mystic Bronze
- Mystic Green
- Mystic Gray
- Mystic Red
- Click on 'Trade in my Phone"
- Proceed to select the qualifying phone you are trading in to receive instant credit
- Select Samsung, Apple, Google brand are eligible
- Proceed to checkout
- Follow the remaining instructions to send your eligible smartphone in to receive your trade-in value credit
Trade in Values
Galaxy S20 $650
Galaxy S20 Plus $650
Galaxy S20 Ultra $650
Galaxy Note 10 $500
Galaxy Note 10 Plus $500
Galaxy Note 10+ 5G $500
Galaxy S10 $500
Galaxy S10 5G $500
Galaxy S10 Plus $500
Galaxy S10e $500
Galaxy S10 FE $500
Galaxy Note 9 $300
Galaxy S9 $300
Galaxy S9 Plus $300
Additional Savings with Carrier Financing:
- Use promo code 100SAMSUNGN20U at checkout and activate on Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile Networks and get your Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G for $349.99 with Trade-in or as low as $249.99 with Trade-In if purchased with carrier financing (Verizon or AT&T only).
Posted: February 24, 2021 6:59 AM PST
Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 12 with Unlimited.. Up to $700 off iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile when you activate service and trade in select phones. Deals are way better than expected, time to upgrade and switch carriers. If you have anything older than an iPhone X, to time to upgrade.
Wireless companies are giving phones away in exchange for locking you in for 30 months of bill credits.
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 12 Promotions when you Switch
- AT&T: New and existing customers get the amazing iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro max, 12 mini for $700 off with iPhone 8 or newer trade in and 30 AT&T Bill Credits. Fineprint
- Verizon: Get up to $750 with trade-in on new line, activation. These phones qualify for this offer: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. Expires Soon
Xfinity: $250 off iPhone 12 when you switch to Xfinity
- T-Mobile: Up To $830 Off 12 Pro Max or 12 Pro (via 30 Monthly Bill Credits) with a Qualifying Device Trade-In valid for New Lines Only/Auto Pay only.
- Verizon iPhone SE 64GB Free when you Switch. 50% off activation online. Expires Soon
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
New iPhones 12:
- iPhone 12: Starts at $799 (64GB), $8749 (128GB), $949 (256GB)
- iPhone 12 Pro: Starts at $999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB)
- iPhone 12 Mini: 5.4" screen but same as iPhone 12! Starts at $699
AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan
- 1 Line $65/mon for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- 5G Access
- Standard Mobile Security
- 5 lines for $150
- Plus tax & fees
AT&T Special Trade-In Offer: Monthly Price reflects net monthly payment, after application of AT&T trade-in credit up to $800 applied over 30 months after trade-in of eligible smartphone with min. $95 trade-in value. Requires upgrade of an existing line (or activation of a new line in stores) and purchase of a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max on qualifying 30 month 0% APR installment plan, subject to carrier credit qualification.
Verizon StartUnlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 5G Nationwide
- Disney+ 6 month on Verizon
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon Special Trade-in Offer: Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after Apple instant trade-in credit at checkout, and Verizon monthly bill credits applied over 24 months. Customer must remain in the Verizon Device Payment Program for 24 months to receive the full benefit of the Verizon bill credits. Bill credits may take 1-2 bill cycles to appear. If it takes two cycles for bill credits to appear, you’ll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month’s credit. Requires purchase and activation of a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Verizon Device Payment Program at 0% APR for 24 months, subject to carrier credit qualification, and iPhone availability and limits.
T-Mobile Essentials Plan
- 1 line $65/month, 4 lines $105/month
- Unlimited Talk Text and Web
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 3G Mobile hotspot
- T-Mobile Tuesdays
- Intuitive Design. Simply close the lid and press the button to disinfect for 10 minutes. Sanitation will stop automatically when the lid is open to ensure safety.
- Approved high germicidal efficiency. 99% sanitation effect. Tested by world-leading inspection and testing companies, Intertek and SGS UV-C light effectively kills up to 99% of harmful germs and bacteria, including E. Coli, Staphylococcus , and Candida albicans.
- Smooth & Elegant. During sanitization, the magnetic cover keeps the sanitizer sealed, giving stability to users, while the rubber stopper cushions the impact and buffers noise when opening and closing the case.
- Sanitize and Charge at the same time. UV Sanitizer with Wireless charging utilizes Qi Wireless Technology to fast-charge your smartphone.
- Sanitize your daily items. Kill germs of not only your smartphone but also for various items, such as glasses and accessories.
- Packaging includes: UV Sanitizer with Wireless charging, USB Type-C Cable, User Manual (Wall Charger NOT included)
Posted: February 23, 2021 7:51 AM PST
Price drop. Amazon has a Samsung Galaxy S21 5G, Factory Unlocked - 128GB, Sale, $674.99 Free Shipping. Expires: 2/27/2021 - Highly rated at 5 out of 5 stars.
No contract, Unlocked for All Carriers.
Samsung Galaxy S21+ Plus 256GB 5G $799.99 Free Shipping ($1049)
- Pro Grade Camera: Zoom in close, take photos and videos like a pro, and capture incredible share-ready moments with our easy-to-use, multi-lens camera
- Sharp 8K Video: Capture your life’s best moments in head-turning, super-smooth 8K video that gives your movies that cinema-style quality
- Multiple Ways to Record: Create share-ready videos and GIFs on the spot with multi-cam recording and automatic professional-style effects
- 30 Space Zoom: Get amazing power and clarity, zoom in from afar or magnify details of nearby objects; Zoom Lock keeps focus and stability
- Higher Resolution: 64 MP camera system captures and shares detailed portraits, stunning landscapes and crisp close-ups
- All Day Intelligent Battery: Intuitively manages your cellphone’s usage to conserve energy, so you can go all day without charging (based on average battery life under typical usage conditions)
- Power of 5G: Get next-level power for everything you love to do with Galaxy 5G; More sharing, more gaming, more experiences and never miss a beat
Posted: February 23, 2021 6:59 AM PST
Hardware, durability and cost are not the only considerations that go into deciding between an Android or iPhone.
The software or operating systems that power our devices do as much to shape the character of a particular phone as the look and feel of the machine itself. It’s also in this internal software that the most stark differences exist between Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS.
It’s the debate that only gets more intense as smartphone ownership nears 50 percent of the American populace — which phone is right for me? Android or iPhone?
Choosing the right device can be a tough decision. After all, given a two-year commitment requirement with a mobile provider, the device you choose can be with you for quite a while unless you want to pay a hefty early termination fee.
With the advent of the smartphone and rampant photo-sharing on social media outlets, combined with the ever-improving quality and capabilities of smartphone cameras, you may believe digital cameras are on the way out. In 2012 digital camera sales were down a whopping 30%.
Indeed, since every smartphone already has a built-in camera that can take pictures and record video, it can feel like it doesn’t really make sense to have a separate digital camera! Smartphone vs Digital Camera is the question at hand.
By Norman Fong, CEO and Co-Founder, BuyVia
Today our sister website SafeGadget released a tutorial to help users regain their security in the wake of the NSA's Prism program.
We just launched a new BuyVia Video. Learn what the new BuyVia App for Android, iPhone, iPad, and Kindle Fire is and how it can help you shop smarter.
Tablets are one of the hottest products on the market. Which tablet is right for you? When you consider all of the features they offer, you can understand why so many people are using them to not only supplement their laptops but also to replace them entirely. Indeed, the trusty tablet is predicted to outsell laptops by 2016, and some say the laptop is already well on its way out.
But what’s so great about tablets, you ask. Well, let’s take a quick look at some important features:
- Instant On – no waiting for lengthy boot-ups
- Versatility – Entertainment, Games, Videos, Music, Content, eBooks, Web browsing, emails
- Easily transported and light-weight
- App Stores make it easy to add programs
- Less worries with regards to security, configurability
- Easy to use
- Pricing – even a top of the line tablet cost less than typical laptops
Today BuyVia released our Back to School Survey results revealing that one third of consumers plan to purchase a tablet for back to school, one fifth plan to purchase a laptop, one fifth plan to purchase both a laptop and a tablet, and one third don’t have any plans to purchase a new device. Our results also revealed that of those consumers who are purchasing a laptop, 81% plan to buy a PC while 19% plan to buy a Mac. With the growing popularity of Macs among students and the reports of declining PC sales we thought Apple would be the leader in back to school purchases, but the opposite came through in our research. This could be because of the price difference between PC laptops and Mac laptops.
Additional Back to School survey results included: Read the full post…