50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Find the Best Price on a better Wireless Router
iPhone 11 64GB Unlocked Refurbished Very Good Sale $279.99 + Free Shipping
Over 19,000 bought. eBay (cellfee) has an iPhone 11 64GB Unlocked Refurbished Very Good Sale, $279.99 - Free Shipping. Expires: 6/15/2023 - Works with any carrier.
iPhone 11 Specifications
- Dual Lens Camera - 12MP + 12MP
- 12MP Selfie camera
- 2x optical zoom out
- No Contract
- 6.1" Retina Edge-to-Edge1792x828 (326ppi) Screen
- Super fast A13 Bionic Chip CPU
- Hexa-core (2x2.65 GHz Lightning + 4x1.8 GHz Thunder)
- 12MPixel rear camera Wide and ulta wide
- 4K Video recording
- Wireless charging using Qi industry standard
- 64-128GB Storage
- FaceID to unlock phone
- IP68 Water proof
- iOS 16
Posted: June 1, 2023 6:59 AM PDT
Up to $800 off iPhone 14, 14 plus, 14 Pro, 14Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile
Now available. Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 14 with Unlimited.. Up to $800 off iPhone 14, 14 plus, 14 Pro, 14Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile when you activate service and trade in select phones. Deals are way better than expected, time to upgrade and switch carriers. If you have anything older than an iPhone X, to time to upgrade. Now shipping.
- iPhone 14 has 5G, better battery, better camera, crash detection and more!
The best deals are when trading in an old phone. If you do not have one, you can buy one on eBay and save a ton. Buy an Samsung S20+5G for $275 and get $1000 trade in value on AT&T!
Wireless companies are giving phones away in exchange for locking you in for bill credits each month.
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 14 Promotions when you Switch
- AT&T - Get up to $1000 off iPhone 14 Series with eligible trade-in when you purchase on an installment plan, with an eligible AT&T unlimited plan (speed restrictions apply)
- Verizon: Get up to $800 off this device when you trade in. New line required. Plus $200 when you switch.
- Xfinity: Save oniPhone 14 when you switch to Xfinity.
- T-Mobile: Get an iPhone 14 Pro ON US via 24 mo. bill credits when you trade in an eligible device on Magenta® MAX. Plus, Apple TV+ is included with Magenta MAX.
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
New iPhones 14:
- iPhone 14: Starts at $799 (128GB), $899 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 14 Plus: Starts at $899 (128GB), $999 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 14 Pro: Starts at $999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB), $1499 (1TB)
- iPhone 14 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB), $1599 (1TB)
AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan
- 1 Line $65/mon for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- 5G Access
- Standard Mobile Security
- 5 lines for $150
- Plus tax & fees
AT&T Special Trade-In Offer: Monthly Price reflects net monthly payment, after application of AT&T trade-in credit up to $800 applied over 30 months after trade-in of eligible smartphone with min. $95 trade-in value. Requires upgrade of an existing line (or activation of a new line in stores) and purchase of a new iPhone 14 mini, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max on qualifying 30 month 0% APR installment plan, subject to carrier credit qualification.
Verizon StartUnlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 5G Nationwide
- Disney+ 6 month on Verizon
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon Special Trade-in Offer: Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after Apple instant trade-in credit at checkout, and Verizon monthly bill credits applied over 24 months. Customer must remain in the Verizon Device Payment Program for 24 months to receive the full benefit of the Verizon bill credits. Bill credits may take 1-2 bill cycles to appear. If it takes two cycles for bill credits to appear, you’ll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month’s credit. Requires purchase and activation of a new iPhone 14 mini, iPhone 14, iPhone 14 Pro, or iPhone 14 Pro Max with the Verizon Device Payment Program at 0% APR for 24 months, subject to carrier credit qualification, and iPhone availability and limits.
T-Mobile Essentials Plan
- 1 line $65/month, 4 lines $105/month
- Unlimited Talk Text and Web
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 3G Mobile hotspot
- T-Mobile Tuesdays
Posted: May 31, 2023 12:01 AM PDT
Anker USB C Charger, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W) 3 Ports Sale $39.09 + Free Shipping
Sale. Amazon has an Anker USB C Charger, 735 Charger (Nano II 65W) 3 Ports Sale, $39.09 after checking instant coupon, Free Shipping. Expires: 6/7/2023 - Highly Rated at 4.8 out of 5 stars. Other colors may cost more.
iPhones no longer include this.
- High-Speed Charging: Connect a single device to get a 65W max charge—that’s enough to power up a 2020 MacBook Pro 13″ at full speed. And when you connect three devices, power will be distributed efficiently between ports to ensure you get the best charge.
- For iPhone 14/14Pro/14Promax/13/13 Mini/13 Pro/13 Pro Max/12, Galaxy, Pixel 4/3, iPad/ iPad mini/ MacBook
- Wide Compatibility - Works flawlessly with a wide range of mobile devices including phones, tablets, laptops, and more.
- Travel Ready - Designed to be taken anywhere with a compact design and foldable plug.
Posted: May 30, 2023 11:59 PM PDT
OnePlus 10 Pro Android Smartphone Sale $469.99 + Free Shipping
Amazon has an OnePlus 10 Pro Android Smartphone Sale, $469.99 Free Shipping . Expires: 6/7/2023 - Highly Rated at 4.7 out of 5 stars with lots of reviews.
About this product:
- Unleash the power of 5G | Powered by the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 processor, the 10 Pro is capable of blazing-fast 5G speeds. [5G network only compatible with TMO, Verizon, Google Fi, Mint Mobile] *5G available in selected areas..Form_factor : Bar.Other camera description:Rear,Front
- Powerful triple camera System, co-developed with Hasselblad | Featuring a primary 48MP Sony IMX sensor, the 10 Pro captures stunning natural colors & can shoot up to 8k video.
- Capture the bigger picture with a 150º Ultra-Wide Camera | A versatile 50MP ultra-wide sensor shoots with an expansive 150º field-of-view, enabling you to take your creativity to a whole new level.
Posted: May 30, 2023 11:59 PM PDT
Universal Cell Phone Holder Mount Sale $11.99 + Free Shipping
Big price drop. Amazon has a Universal Cell Phone Holder Mount Sale. $11.99, Free Shipping $25 or with Prime. Rated 4.4 out of 5 stars with over 7K reviews. Normally $20+tax+shipping at amazon.
- It it illegal to hold your phone while driving in California and many other states
Get that phone out of your hand and into a holder where it belongs. We have several iOtties and find they work great. This is reviewed well, not a cheap knock off.
- Flexible: You can adjust your comfortable viewing angles due to 360 degrees of rotating ball joint.You can adjust your comfortable distance between you and the holder due to telescopic arm.
Posted: May 29, 2023 11:59 PM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.
WINTERNET is Coming…
I’m Brian and so’s my wifi
A variation of #33 that I saw recently: HeyYouKidsGetOffMyLAN
FREE WI-FI CONNECTION
I call mine “Hillary Clinternet”. Great for email servers…
Someone nearby me has “2_Girls_1_Router”
I have double-SSID AP with “Ask Genie for password” and “Rub my Dick to summon a Genie”. There is actualy amazing origin story for this: When I set this up, I’ve had two hamsters, One called Dick, and second called Genie. Password was written on Genie’s hideout, and she (Genie) showed up only for food, or when her buddy Dick was touched.
The funny thing is, that no one ever wondered, why is there capital D in “Dick”. They found it just hilarious, and so am I. That’s why I still use theese SSIDs even five years after Dick and Genie are gone.
“Recharge Your Mobile”
Mine is “Rainbow Connection”
Here’s mine. |¤\/£ μ
A neighbor’s SSID is “Bill Wi the Science Fi”
Silence of the LAN
LAN of the House
“martin router king”
My phone picked up a network named “We can hear you banging” at a condo complex where the walls are really thin.
Love all these and now I need to change mine again, but in the meantime-
My current are:
IPFreely (guest network)
Before that, I had (for all you Total Recall fans):
Kuato (inside network – get it?)
Quaid (the router name)
Freeloader (guest network)
Everyone always remembers my guest password too: pASSword123
Umbrella Corp – Guest networks (with background screen login)
The Hive – 2.4g
Hive – 5g
Local PD Auxiliary
550 Permanent Failure
My SSID is “WIFI6G”
My SSID: ROOM NO ACCESS
My SSID : We are YAKUZA. You hack. We CHOP!
Fleetwood MAC address
My Wifi SSID : Connected Without Internet
Wi Believe I Can Fi
My wifi ssid Covid_19
sofa king we todd ed
Bill Wi the Science Fi?