50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
- Matte Aluminum Alloy: Made from oxidized, matte aluminium alloy, this phone holder is the better choice for car accessories, complimenting the interior of any car. Silicone padding also line the interior preventing phone scratches and slips.
- Rock Solid, Gravity Grip: The UGREEN Car Phone Holder uses gravity to lock your phone in place. An extendable back provides strong, stable support preventing your phone from falling while driving.
- Never Falling with Sturdy Metal Hook: Designed with a steel hook, this car phone holder for air vents forms a three-point grip to firmly hook around air vents without any slip or movement.
- This car phone mount fits 4.7-7.2 inch phones with a thin protective case, iPhone 15 14 13 12 Pro Max, Galaxy S23/S22/S21 Ultra/S21/S20 FE/S20+/S10 Lite/S10e, Pixel 6 Pro/5/4, Huawei P50 Pro/P40/P30/P20, Mi 11/10/Redmi Note 10 Pro, etc.
An iPhone car vent holder is a handy accessory that allows you to securely mount your iPhone onto the air vents in your car. This type of holder typically features a clamp or cradle mechanism to hold your iPhone in place, along with a clip that attaches to one of the air vents in your car.Sales tax in: All Except AK, DE, MT, NH, OR
Posted: February 21, 2024 9:21 AM PST
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.