50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Amazon has a PopSockets Phone Grip Compatible with MagSafe Sale, $14.99 after instant discount, Free Shipping $35 or with Prime. Expires: 10/1/2023 - Highly Rated at 4.6 out of 5 stars.
- Our phone grip compatible with MagSafe we call a "PopGrip" securely attaches to your MagSafe-compatible case for maximum grip and kickstand capabilities
- Wirelessly charge your phone by simply sliding off the magnetic PopSocket and setting on a wireless charging pad
- Offers a secure grip so you can text with one hand, avoid phone drops, and use as a phone stand on-the-go
Posted: September 28, 2023 10:21 PM PDT
Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 15. Up to $1000 off iPhone 15, 15 Plus, 15 Pro, 15Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile when you activate service and trade in select phones. Deals are way better than expected, time to upgrade and switch carriers. If you have anything older than an iPhone X, to time to upgrade. Shipping soon.
- iPhone 15 has 5G, better battery, better camera, satellite emergency, crash detection and more!
Trade-in Old iPhone or Android Phone
The best deals are when trading in an old phone. If you do not have one, you can buy one on eBay and save a ton. Buy a Samsung S20FE 5G in very good condition for $160 and get $830 trade in value on AT&T! Keep your old iPhone as a spare. Buying a used iPhone is more worrisome with many having replaced screen using 3rd parties.
Wireless companies are giving phones away in exchange for locking you in for bill credits each month.
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 15 Promotions when you Switch
- AT&T - Get up to $1000 off iPhone 15 Pro/Pro Max - up to $830 off iPhone 15/ iPhone 15 Plus with eligible trade-in when you purchase on an installment plan, with an eligible AT&T unlimited plan (speed restrictions apply)
- Verizon: Get up to $800 off this device when you trade in. New line required. Plus $200 when you switch.
- Xfinity: Save on iPhone 15 when you switch to Xfinity.
- T-Mobile: Get an iPhone 15 Pro ON US via 24 mo. bill credits when you trade in an eligible device on Magenta® MAX. Plus, Apple TV+ is included with Magenta MAX.
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
New iPhones 15:
- iPhone 15: Starts at $799 (128GB), $899 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 15 Plus: Starts at $899 (128GB), $999 (256GB), $1099 (512GB)
- iPhone 15 Pro: Starts at $999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB), $1499 (1TB)
- iPhone 15 Pro Max: Starts at $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB), $1599 (1TB)
The biggest changes: USB-C port (no more proprietary Lightning cables!), all models have top of the screen Dynamic Island, better low light cameras, and the iPhone 15 Pro/ Pro Max models now have the new and faster A17 pro chip that speed up all tasks.
AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan
- 1 Line $65/mon for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, standard definition Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, 3GB Hotspot
- 5G Access
- Standard Mobile Security
- 5 lines for $150
- Plus tax & fees
- To qualify for $1000 credit, minimum Trade-In value must be $230 or higher after device condition questions have been answered
- Eligible devices:
- Apple iPhone: 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max, 14, 14 Plus, 14 Pro, 14 Pro Max
- Samsung Galaxy: Z Flip4, Z Fold4, S22 Ultra 5G, S23, S23+, S23 Ultra
- Google: 7 Pro
- Eligible devices:
- To qualify for $830 credit, minimum Trade-In value must be $130-$229 after device condition questions have been answered
- Eligible devices:
- Apple iPhone: 11, 11 Pro, iPhone 12mini, 11 Pro Max, 12, 12 Pro, 13 mini
- Samsung Galaxy: S20, S20 5G, S20 FE, S20 FE 5G, S20+, S20+ 5G, S20 Ultra 5G, Note20, Note20 5G, Note20 Ultra, Note20 Ultra 5G, S21 5G, S21+ 5G, S21 FE 5G, Fold, Fold 5G, Z Flip3 5G, S21 Ultra 5G, S22 5G, S22+ 5G, ZFold2 5G, Z Fold3 5G
- Google: Pixel 6 Pro, 7
- OTHER: OnePlus 10 Pro
- Eligible devices:
Verizon Unlimited Welcome Plan
- 1 Line $45 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming
- 5G Nationwide
- No Hotspot
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon Special Trade-in Offer: Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after Apple instant trade-in credit at checkout, and Verizon monthly bill credits applied over 24 months. Customer must remain in the Verizon Device Payment Program for 24 months to receive the full benefit of the Verizon bill credits. Bill credits may take 1-2 bill cycles to appear. If it takes two cycles for bill credits to appear, you’ll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month’s credit. Requires purchase and activation of a new iPhone 15 mini, iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Pro, or iPhone 15 Pro Max with the Verizon Device Payment Program at 0% APR for 24 months, subject to carrier credit qualification, and iPhone availability and limits.
T-Mobile Essentials Plan
- 1 line $60/month, Get 3rd line free
- Unlimited Talk Text and Web
- Unlimited 3G hotspot
- DVD quality streaming
Posted: September 27, 2023 6:00 AM PDT
Expiring Today: Anker 521 Magnetic Battery 5000 mAh Portable Charger Sale $34.99 + Free Shipping
Amazon has an Anker 521 Magnetic Battery 5000 mAh Portable Charger Sale, $34.99 - Free Shipping $25 or with Amazon Prime. Expires Soon - Highly rated at 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- High-speed Charging Technology: PowerIQ detects your device to deliver its fastest possible charge speed up to 1 amp
- Ultra Compact: Our original lipstick-shaped aluminum design (3.7 × 0.9 × 0.9in, 3oz). Recharges in 3-4 hours with a 1 amp adapter (sold separately) and the included USB-C cable.
Posted: September 24, 2023 11:59 PM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.