50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Verizon Wireless has an Switch! $5/month iPhone SE 2020 64GB (Gen 2) Verizon, after $0 Down, free 2 day shipping. Expires Soon. $399 retail price.
- 50% off activation fee online only.
iPhone SE is the most powerful 4.7-inch iPhone ever. Featuring A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone, for incredible performance in apps, games, and photography. Portrait mode for studio-quality portraits and six lighting effects.
Next-generation Smart HDR for incredible detail across highlights and shadows. Cinematic-quality 4K video. And all the advanced features of iOS 13.
With long battery life2 and water resistance,3 it's so much of the iPhone you love, in a not so big size.
- 64GB Apple iPhone SE Smartphone - 12MPixel Camera
- EarPods w/ Lightning Connector
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
If you cancel wireless service before fulfilling the 24 months, credits will stop & remaining balance on required finance agreement may be due immediately.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: August 10, 2020 6:59 AM PDT
Expiring Today: ZTE Axon 10 Pro Dual-SIM 256GB Smartphone (Unlocked, 12GB RAM) Sale $399.99 + Free Shipping
Today Only! B&H Photo has a ZTE Axon 10 Pro Dual-SIM 256GB Smartphone (Unlocked, 12GB RAM) Sale, $399.99 - Free Shipping. Expires Soon. Highly rated 4.5 out of 5 stars
The Axon 10 Pro Dual-SIM 256GB Smartphone from ZTE features advanced technologies that focus on nearly all aspects of portable media and entertainment. From hi-end gaming, hi-res photography, and stunning video streaming with a dual speaker sound. It all starts with the display, a huge, bright, and rich 6.47" FHD+ AMOLED with a smooth and premium-feeling 3D Quad curved glass and 3D glass back cover. Bezels nearly disappear with a 92% screen-to-body ratio.
ZTE Axon Pro Dual-SIM Specifications
- GSM / 4G LTE Compatible
- North American Variant
- Snapdragon 855 Octa-Core CPU
- 6.47" 2340 x 1080 AMOLED Display
- Rear: 48MP / 20MP / 8MP
- Front: 20MP with AI Portrait Mode
- 3x Optical Zoom + Up to 10x Digital Zoom
- 256GB Storage Capacity + 12GB of RAM
- Dual Speakers + DTS:X Ultra
- Android 9.0 Pie
Posted: August 9, 2020 6:01 AM PDT
Special Deal. Amazon has an Anker Soundcore Life Q20 Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones, only $39.99 with Free Shipping. Expires Soon - Highly rated at 4.4 out of 5 stars.
- Hi-Res Audio Certified: Custom oversized 40 mm dynamic drivers produce Hi-Res Audio—a certification only awarded to audio devices capable of producing exceptional sound.
- Reduce Ambient noises by up to 90%
- 100% stronger bass: our exclusive BassUp technology conducts real-time analysis of the low frequencies to instantly strengthen the bass output. Double press the play button when listening to bass-heavy genres like EDM and hip-hop for an amplified listening experience.
- 40-Hour playtime: Up to 40 hours of non-stop playtime in wireless active noise cancellation mode
Posted: August 6, 2020 8:00 AM PDT
No need to pay $1000 for a good phone!
- Beware that the cheaper ones being sold on Amazon are International models that only have 30 day warranty.
If your Android Phone stopped getting monthly security updates, it is time to upgrade
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specs
- Display: 6.5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen w/ Corning Gorilla Glass 3 - Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM - microSD, up to 512 GB
- Main Camera (Quad): 48 MP + 12 MP + 5 MP + 5 MP w/ LED flash, panorama, HDR - Selfie Camera: 32 MP w/ HDR
- Platform: OS Android - Chipset: Exynos 9611 - Processor: Octa-core (4x2.3 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4x1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) - Graphics: Mali-G72 MP3
- Sensors: Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass
- Wi-Fi: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot - Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, LE - GPS: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
Posted: August 5, 2020 6:01 AM PDT
New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Great Value, no need to pay $700-$1000 for an expensive flagship phone!
It does not have all the latest bells and whistles but does the job at half the price of top of the line phones. No waterproofing, so use a good case. cnet Review calls it a feature rich budget smartphone
Google Pixel phones get all the latest updates and do not have junkware installed. Comes with 3 years of OS and security updates] and the custom-built Titan M chip.
- 5.8" Full HD+ OLED screen
- The Adaptive Battery lasts up to 24 hours as it learns your favorite apps and reduces power to the ones you rarely use
- 3.5mm standard Headphone jack!
- Unlocked with no contract
- GSM+CDMA / 4G LTE Compatible
- North American Variant
- 12.2MP Rear Dual-Pixel Camera with HDR+
- 8MP Front-Facing Camera
- No Qi Wireless charging
Posted: August 3, 2020 9:27 PM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.