50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
- Brand Names like Speck, Carson & Quinn, Body Glove, Pelican
- For iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, 13, 13 Pro, 13 Pro Max
- Clear and Special Designs
Posted: August 16, 2022 9:00 AM PDT
Google Store has the new $300 Pixel 3a, 4 Trade in towards Google Pixel 6a for $449.00, with Free Shipping. Offer ends Expires: 8/31/2022
Phones eligible for $300 Trade-In Credit include:
- Google Pixel 3a, Pixel 4, 4XL, 4a
- Apple iPhone 7, 7 Plus, iPhone 8, 8 Plus, SE (2nd Gen)
New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Great Value, no need to pay $700-$1000 for an expensive flagship phone!
- If your phone stopped getting monthly security updates, it is time for a new phone
It does not have all the latest bells and whistles but does the job at half the price of top of the line phones. No waterproofing, so use a good case. Review calls it a feature rich budget smartphone
Google Pixel phones get all the latest updates and do not have junkware installed. Comes with 5 years of Android OS and security updates] and the custom-built Titan M chip.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; unlocked smartphone works with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers; not compatible with the Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband network
- Dual lenses: 12.2 Mpixel Wide, 12 MPixel Ultrawide camera
- 6GB RAM
- 128GB Flash Storage
- IP67 Water resistant
- 5G capable cell phone gives you an extra boost of speed so you can download a movie in seconds, enjoy smooth streaming in ultra clear HD, play games at home and on the go, and even share your 5G speed with friends
- The all day battery can last up to 48 hours with Extreme Battery Saver
- Your phone will automatically receive the latest OS and security updates for at least 3 years; the custom-made Titan M chip helps secure the operating system and sensitive data, like passwords
- Take vibrant photos on your phone even in the dark with Night Sight, bring studio-quality light to your pictures of people with Portrait Light; and get more scenery and people in the shot with the rear-facing ultrawide lens
- Dual SIM (Single Nano SIM and eSIM)
Posted: August 14, 2022 9:31 PM PDT
Brand new, special launch promotions. Samsung has a New Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4, Flip4 5G Smartphone Sale, with Free Shipping. Expires: 8/31/2022
We examined both phones and found the screens amazing. Could not see the seam that connects both screens. Wow.
- $100 Samsung eCredit Certificate for a limited time
Pre-order and get a memory upgrade. Enjoy 512 GB for the price of 256 GB. Plus, get a Standing Cover with S Pen and up to $1,000 trade-in credit. For a limited time.
Does a lot in one hand with its 6.2-inch Cover Screen.1 Unfolded, the 7.6-inch Main Screen lets you really get into the zone. Pushed-back bezels plus an even more camouflaged Under Display Camera means there's no lines or black dot getting between you and the breathtaking Infinity Flex Display.
- Up to $1000 off Galaxy Z Fold4 5G
- Up to $900 off Galaxy Z Flip4 5G
- Trade in enhanced value for a limited time - Trade in smartphones, tablets, or smart watches
- Prices with activation
Posted: August 12, 2022 6:59 AM PDT
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.