50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Woot (Amazon Company) has a Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G 128GB Unlocked Sale, $849.99 Free Shipping with Prime. Expires: 1/24/2021 - Highly Rated at 4.2 out of 5 stars.
- The best Galaxy mobile gaming and display experience yet; With a breathtaking screen refresh rate, adaptive Dynamic AMOLED 2X display, Galaxy 5G support & advanced processor, you get a smooth gaming experience with virtually no lag
Note 20 Specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 Octa-Core Processor (Adreno 650)
- 6.9" 3088x1440 Edge QHD+ AMOLED 2x Infinity-O Display
- 10MP Camera (Front)
- Triple Camera; 12MP Ultra Wide Camera, 10MP Wide Angle Camera & 12MP Telephoto Camera (Rear)
- 128GB Internal Storage (expandable up to 1TB)
- 12GB RAM
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 4500mAh Battery
Posted: January 24, 2021 10:36 AM PST
Samsung has a Samsung Trade-In Promo: Trade Galaxy S10, Get Note20 5G Smartphone for $449.99 after $550 Instant Credit Off when you trade an eligible Samsung Galaxy Smartphone Device - Free Shipping. Expires: 1/25/2021
Note, qualifying device must be in working condition, otherwise, devices in lower condition may receive lower value/rejected. Cracked-screen trade in credit is available from $499.99.
- Click this link here
- Select your choice of carrier from Unlocked to AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile & More
- Select your choice of colorway
- Mystic Bronze
- Mystic Green
- Mystic Gray
- Mystic Red
- Click on 'Trade in my Phone"
- Proceed to select the qualifying phone you are trading in to receive instant credit
- Select Samsung, Apple, Google brand are eligible
- Proceed to checkout
- Follow the remaining instructions to send your eligible smartphone in to receive your trade-in value credit
Posted: January 23, 2021 7:32 AM PST
Time to switch. Verizon Wireless has Switch to Verizon - Free Motorola One 5G - after 24 monthly bill credits. $549 value. When you sign up for an Unlimited plan and activate a new line. No trade in required. Free 2 day Shipping. Expires: 1/24/2021 - Online only. 50% off Activation fee - only $20 instead of $40.
- Get 5G Access at no extra charge
Play More Unlimited Plan
- 1 Line $80 for 5G, Unlimited Talk, Text, 4G LTE Data, Up to 15GB hotspot, DVD Quality Streaming, Apple Music Free for 6 months. Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+ included
- 4 lines for $160
Motorola One 5G Specs
- 6.7" bezel-free display
- 5G optimized Qualcomm Snapdragon 765 processor
- 4GB Memory
- 128GB Storage
- 48MPixel Macro Vision + Ring Light
- Up to 49 hr of usage time
- Up to 11 days of standby
Posted: January 23, 2021 6:39 AM PST
New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; works with Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers
- Great Value, no need to pay $700-$1000 for an expensive flagship phone!
- If your phone stopped getting monthly security updates, it is time for a new phone
It does not have all the latest bells and whistles but does the job at half the price of top of the line phones. No waterproofing, so use a good case. cnet Review calls it a feature rich budget smartphone
Google Pixel phones get all the latest updates and do not have junkware installed. Comes with 3 years of OS and security updates] and the custom-built Titan M chip.
- New, unlocked Android phone gives you the flexibility to change carriers and choose your own data plan; unlocked smartphone works with T-Mobile, Sprint, AT&T, and other major carriers; not compatible with the Verizon 5G Ultra Wideband network
- 5G capable cell phone gives you an extra boost of speed so you can download a movie in seconds, enjoy smooth streaming in ultra clear HD, play games at home and on the go, and even share your 5G speed with friends
- The all day battery can last up to 48 hours with Extreme Battery Saver
- Your phone will automatically receive the latest OS and security updates for at least 3 years; the custom-made Titan M chip helps secure the operating system and sensitive data, like passwords
- Take vibrant photos on your phone even in the dark with Night Sight, bring studio-quality light to your pictures of people with Portrait Light; and get more scenery and people in the shot with the rear-facing ultrawide lens
- With Call Screen, Google Assistant filters out detected spammers without interrupting you and provides helpful information about callers you don’t recognize before you answer your phone
- With HD Google Duo screen sharing, you can read articles, watch live sports, and video chat with friends and family
- Phone includes a 3.5 mm audio jack for maximum flexibility, so it works with the wired or Bluetooth headphones you already have
Posted: January 21, 2021 5:20 AM PST
Time to switch to a better carrier with a new iPhone 12 with Unlimited.. Up to $700 off iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12Pro Max 5G - AT&T, Sprint, Verizon, T-Mobile, Xfinity when you activate service and trade in select phones. Deals are way better than expected, time to upgrade and switch carriers. If you have anything older than an iPhone X, to time to upgrade.
Wireless companies are giving phones away in exchange for locking you in for 30 months of bill credits.
Unlock your credit report if you locked it to pass credit checks.
Special iPhone 12 Promotions when you Switch
- AT&T: New and existing customers get the amazing iPhone 12, 12 Pro, 12 Pro max, 12 mini for $700 off with iPhone 8 or newer trade in and 30 AT&T Bill Credits.
- Verizon: Buy one, get one up to $750 off with new line, activation. These phones qualify for this offer: Apple iPhone 12 Mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro or iPhone 12 Pro Max. OR Get up to $440 off iPhone 12's with trade in. Expires Soon
Xfinity: $250 off iPhone 12 when you switch to Xfinity
- T-Mobile: Up To $830 Off 12 Pro Max or 12 Pro (via 30 Monthly Bill Credits) with a Qualifying Device Trade-In valid for New Lines Only/Auto Pay only.
- Verizon iPhone SE 64GB Free when you Switch. 50% off activation. Expires 1/31/2021
Some Older phones are available with less trade in. Trading in is a lot easier than selling your phone on eBay or Craigslist.
New iPhones 12:
- iPhone 12: Starts at $799 (64GB), $8749 (128GB), $949 (256GB)
- iPhone 12 Pro: Starts at $999 (128GB), $1,099 (256GB), $1,299 (512GB)
- iPhone 12 Pro Max: Starts at $1,099 (128GB), $1,199 (256GB), $1,399 (512GB)
- iPhone 12 Mini: 5.4" screen but same as iPhone 12! Starts at $699
AT&T Unlimited Starter Plan
- 1 Line $65/mon for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Max 3Mbps data speed, No Hotspot
- 5G Access
- Standard Mobile Security
- 5 lines for $150
- Plus tax & fees
AT&T Special Trade-In Offer: Monthly Price reflects net monthly payment, after application of AT&T trade-in credit up to $800 applied over 30 months after trade-in of eligible smartphone with min. $95 trade-in value. Requires upgrade of an existing line (or activation of a new line in stores) and purchase of a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max on qualifying 30 month 0% APR installment plan, subject to carrier credit qualification.
Verizon StartUnlimited Plan
- 1 Line $70 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 5G Nationwide
- Disney+ 6 month on Verizon
- Apple Music Free for 6 months
- Plus tax & fees
Verizon Special Trade-in Offer: Monthly price reflects net monthly payment, after Apple instant trade-in credit at checkout, and Verizon monthly bill credits applied over 24 months. Customer must remain in the Verizon Device Payment Program for 24 months to receive the full benefit of the Verizon bill credits. Bill credits may take 1-2 bill cycles to appear. If it takes two cycles for bill credits to appear, you’ll see the credit for the first cycle on your second bill in addition to that month’s credit. Requires purchase and activation of a new iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max with the Verizon Device Payment Program at 0% APR for 24 months, subject to carrier credit qualification, and iPhone availability and limits.
T-Mobile Essentials Plan
- 1 line $65/month, 4 lines $105/month
- Unlimited Talk Text and Web
- DVD quality SD Streaming 480p
- 3G Mobile hotspot
- T-Mobile Tuesdays
For Verizon, AT&T, T–Mobile, Sprint, Boost, Cricket, & Metro
- Pre-installed selection of Amazon apps, including the Amazon Widget, Amazon Shopping, and Amazon Alexa. Prime members have easy access to daily deals, Prime movies and TV shows, Prime Music, Amazon Photos, and more with a single sign-on experience
- Amazon Alexa: Double press the power button to just ask, and Alexa will respond. Alexa can play music, provide news updates, check the weather wherever you are and more
- 6.2" Full HD+ Max Vision display with an 18:9 aspect ratio, 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of internal storage with option to add up to 128 GB of microSD expandable memory, and Android 9
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 1.8 GHz octa-core processor and fast 4G LTE speed
- 12 MP + 5 MP dual rear cameras for studio-quality portraits and 8 MP front-facing camera with LED flash for wide-angle selfies
Posted: January 20, 2021 11:59 PM PST
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.