50 Funny and Clever Wi-Fi SSID Network Names
Let’s face it - manufacturer assigned WiFi Wireless Router network names are simply boring. Every time you need to connect one of your devices, you probably see a long list of names like Belkin04621, Linksys1019014, netgear, linksys etc. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Show your neighbors you have some personality by updating your router’s name to something utterly awesome and watch the party invitations roll in. Think of a funny or clever name when setting up your Wi-Fi router. What is the best wifi names you can come up with?
Be sure to read our article Ten Ways to Fix Wireless Router Problems
Changing your Wi-Fi Router's name
So how do you change your router’s name? First, don’t panic - it’s not complicated and you don’t need to call in the Geek Squad. Second, find your router’s web address on the bottom of your router or from its manual. It’s generally 192.168.1.1 (or 192.168.0.1, 192.168.2.1.), but could be something else entirely. Just enter the numbers into your browser: http://192.168.1.1
and *presto*, you’re connected to your router and will be prompted to enter your password and username. The default username and password are also in your wifi router's manual or on the bottom of the device. Login, then find the field to change your network name, Wireless Network Name, or SSID. Save the changes. Simple.
After changing the name, you will probably have to reconnected your WiFi devices to the unit.
Time to switch. Verizon Wireless has Switch to Verizon - Buy 1 Get 1 iPhone XR, Samsung S9 when you sign up for an Unlimited plan and activate a new line. No trade in required. Free Shipping. Expires: 2/18/2019
- 1 Line $75 for Unlimited Talk, Text, Web, DVD Quality Streaming, Unlimited Hotspot (600kbps)
- 4 lines for $160
Up to $999.99 device payment purchase required per phone. 2nd phone: less up to $999.99 promo credit applied to account over 24 mos w/in 1-2 billing cycles; promo credits end when balance paid or line terminated/transferred; 0% APR. New line of service required. Can’t be combined with any other offers.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: February 16, 2019 12:00 AM PST
- 10,000 mAh capacity provides up to 2 full charges from 0-100% on most of the latest phones
- Name brand, not some unknown manufacturer
- They have a lot of experience with batteries!
Posted: February 15, 2019 7:40 AM PST
Over 2800 bought. eBay (buyspry, 168,000 feedback) has an iPhone 7 Unlocked 32GB Refurbished Smartphone Sale, $234.73 - free shipping. Tax in MD. 2% back in eBay bucks. In several colors.
Just say no to a $749 New iPhone!
- Better Battery Life
- New and improved camera (f1.8)
- Optical image stabilization
- No Headphone Jack (Comes with lightning adapter cable)
Consider purchasing an unlocked cell phone if you are on AT&T or T-Mobile and want a new Smartphone without a contract. Unlocked Smartphones allow you to subscribe to low cost carriers mentioned below and function internationally, so you can use the same phone abroad.
Learn: No-Contract Plans, Unlocked Smartphones
Choosing the right plan for you is time consuming and can also be a hassle. We've done the research and you may save over $1,000 each year! Be sure to check out our no-contract Smartphone plan article: How to Find the Best No Contract Smartphone Plans where we compare all of the major network carriers. Check out our How to Buy an Unlocked iPhone article to learn what it means to have an "Unlocked" Smartphone.
About Apple iPhone 7:
The Apple iPhone 7 comes with a new faster Apple A10 Fusion processor and runs on iOS 10. It has a a longer, larger 4.7" Retina display with a fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating. Cnet calls the redesign "sharp, slim, and feather-light."
Apple iOS 10 includes Airdrop, Siri, Family Sharing, QuickType Keyboard and more.
However the iPhone 7's new improved Lightning connector makes older docks and chargers obsolete. On the plus side, the new connector is a bit smaller, a little more rugged and easier to use than the previous one.
CNet gives the Apple iPhone 7 a 4.5 out of 5 rating.
Apple iPhone 7 Specifications:
- 12Mpixel iSight rear camera f1.8, 7Mpixel Facetime camera
- 1080p HD video recording (30 fps or 60 fps)
- 4K video recording at 30 fps
- Apple A10 Fusion quad-core 1.30GHz processor
- Apple M8 motion coprocessor
- iOS 11
- 4.7" Retina HD 1334x750 resolution touchscreen @ 326ppi
- Wide color display (P3)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- 1400:1 contrast ratio
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac Wi-Fi
- IP67 Rating: Splash, Water & Dust Resistant
- upto 14 hr talk time on 3G, upto 10 days standby
- 4.87 ounces (138 grams)
- 5.44 x 2.64 x 0.28 inches
- 2G Network: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 + CDMA 800 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G Network: HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 + CDMA2000 1xEV-DO & TD-SCDMA
- 4G Network: LTE Band 1(2100) / 2(1900) / 3(1800) / 4(1700/2100) / 5(850) / 7(2600) / 8(900) / 12(700) / 13(700) / 17(700) / 18(800) / 19(800) / 20(800) / 25(1900) / 26(850) / 27(800) / 28(700) / 29(700) / 30(2300) / 38(2600) / 39(1900) / 40(2300) / 41(2500)
Low Cost Service Plan with Unlimited Talk, Text, and Data
T-Mobile offers a web exclusive pre-paid plan great for unlocked phones:
- $40/mo for Unlimited Talk & Text with 3GB of LTE Data
Straight Talk, a prepaid carrier that is owned by Tracfone and Walmart, sells micro SIM cards for the that cost $14.99 + Free Shipping. You can pop these into any AT&T-compatible, T-Mobile-compatible, or unlocked GSM phone.
- $45 a month buys you unlimited talk, text and 5GB high speed data with no contract or credit check
Posted: February 14, 2019 6:30 AM PST
Factory direct. Samsung Galaxy Flagship Reservation - Upto $550 Trade-In. You do not have to place an order for a new phone, yet you get all the benefits.
- Up to $550 When You Trade-in an Eligible Deice
- Early Delivery by 3/8/19
- First Access to preorder
- Reserve and get a $50 instant credit on accessories
Use these unlocked phones on any carrier. Switch at anytime! (Unlike phones you get with carrier plans) Expires: 2/20/2019 or while supplies last.
S8 Value $300. Note 8, S9 Value $550Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: February 13, 2019 8:32 AM PST
Time toSswitch to a better carrier with Unlimited.. Lease an iPhone XR, XS, XS Max Sprint, Get an XR Free when you activate New service. Requires 18 mo. lease, new line or eligible upgrade. On approved credit. Expires Soon
How to Get Deal
Click Shop Now
Click Details next to: Tis the season! Get the iPhone XR on us
- Lease an iPhone XR, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs or iPhone X and get an iPhone XR on us (or save more than $550 towards the iPhone Xs Max, Xs or X).
iPhone XR 64GB $31.25/mo. iPhone XS 64GB $41.67/mo. iPhone XS Max 64GB $45.84/mo. iPhone X 64GB $37.50/mo. Second iPhone gets $31.25/mo. credit, applied within 2 bills. Req. 2 new lines or 1 new and 1 upgrade, 18-month leases & approved credit. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. Excludes tax.
If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on device becomes due. approved credit. Monthly bill credit starts within 2 bills. Excludes tax.
- New Unlimited Plans from $60/month. Expires Soon
Unlock your credit report if you locked it.
iPhone XR Specifications
- 6 different colors
- 6.1" Super Retina Edge-to-Edge 1792x828 (326ppi) Screen
- Super fast A12 Bionic Chip CPU
- Single 12MPixel rear camera with Optical Image Stabilization
- 7MPixel front camera with Retina Flash
- Wireless charging using Qi industry standard
- FaceID to unlock phone
- iOS 12
’Tis the season! Get the iPhone XR on us.
Lease an iPhone XR, iPhone Xs Max, iPhone Xs or iPhone X and get an iPhone XR on us (or save more than $550 towards the iPhone Xs Max, Xs or X).
iPhone XR 64GB $31.25/mo. iPhone XS 64GB $41.67/mo. iPhone XS Max 64GB $45.84/mo. iPhone X 64GB $37.50/mo. Second iPhone gets $31.25/mo. credit, applied within 2 bills. Req. 2 new lines or 1 new and 1 upgrade, 18-month leases & approved credit. If you cancel early, remaining balance due. Excludes tax.Sales tax in: Most States
Posted: February 13, 2019 12:00 AM PST
Sure, you probably have some great ideas for your router’s new name. But just in case, we have scoured the Net and have come up with our top 50 fave wireless network names. Changing the name does not compromise your security and may in fact increase it. Here are some funny and clever SSID names:
- It Burns When IP
- I’m Under Your Bed
- Pretty Fly for a Wi-Fi
- FBI Surveillance Van #119871
- DEA Surveillance #4188A87
- I’m In Your Closet
- I’m Watching You Now
- Skynet Global Defense Network
- Let Me Out Of Your Router
- Undercover Police Car #751
- I’m Cheating on my WiFi
- Mom - Click Here for Internet
- The Promised LAN
- Because a LANnister Never Forgets
- Occam’s Router
- New England Clam Router
- Keep it on the Download
- Please Click For Identity Theft
- Network Not Found
- Bill Clinternet
- I Can Haz Wireless?
- Drop it Like a Hotspot
- Router? I Hardly Knew Her
- Viruses Are Us
- Call Me Maybe
- Hidden Network
- IP Freely
- No Internet Access
- NSA Net Secure
- Get Off My LAN
- The LAN Before Time
- Untrusted Network
- Virus Detected! Do Not Join
- Malware Repository
- Access Denied
- No Wi-Fi For You
- My Neighbors Suck!
- Abraham Linksys
- John Wilkes Bluetooth
- Slow WiFi
- Optimus Prime
To make your WiFi Network name more secure you should also add "_nomap_optout" to the end of it. This prevents Windows 10 for sharing it and Google from indexing it.
When picking a name do not use your name, address, birthdate, kid's name, pet's name, or other personal information as part of the SSID. Do you have a vote for Best Wifi Names? Leave a comment below.